Author Topic: Second Taper Anyone?  (Read 420 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Second Taper Anyone?
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2022, 12:31:47 am »
Oh wow thank you for the responses! I feel so less alone. Thank you
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2022, 10:29:26 pm »
Hi bless ! don't feel alone. I should put THIRD TAPER ANYONE? Yes I had to reinstate for second time a month ago.
Going back to the beginning of my ordeal,  I had a bad reaction to Cipro and a benzo that was hide in another medication 4 years ago. When to the psychitric and put me on clonazepan for 4 months to save me then I tapered it for 7. Then after three months off, due to a supplement (L Theanin) had to reinstate.  Took me 10 months to do that second taper. Two years later now after been off of everything  I had to reinstate again due to stress situation and some weird teas and stupid supplement AGAIN!. I'm in a low dose of clonazepam and never been polidruged. That may help me in my third taper. I only been 1 month on it and hopefully will start a short taper soon.
After taking this poisons we have to be really careful of what we eat and how we live stressful situations. Also come here to BB for information and not read to much about bad stories. People out there take this drugs on and off and most don't have any issues. I think the least you know about what may happen the less will affect you mentally.
Mice
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2022, 10:58:03 pm »
3 tapers before hitting my personal limit for suffering and cold turkeying at 5mg of Valium...day 45 off for me

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2022, 12:09:10 am »
This is my second time coming off benzos. First time, I was prescribed .75 mgs Xanax daily, for a year, 2003-2004.  I came off them because I didn't like how they made me feel anymore and it was a super quick taper, dropped to .5 one month, then .25, then walked off with no problems.  So I was put back on in August 2016 for bad perimenopause symptoms, GAD and anxiety, but a much higher dose, 2.0 mgs Klonopin daily, and spent almost 5 years on them.  I wanted to come off because I got tired of the whole dr. every 3 months and worrying about dr. retiring, came on Benzobuddies about a year ago and realized I was on a very high dose (I didn't know 2.0 mgs k was 40 mgs Valium!  And I know how strong a blue 10 mg V is from taking one years & years ago.) I am going slow this time.

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2022, 12:20:29 am »
Oh wow - you guys are all so friggin brave! I just made my first cut (0.25mgs) so not much but some progress. I had a very very bad set back in Dec. I knew better than to go back up on Valium but I hadnít slept in 3 weeks and it was psych ward or Valium. I knew I tapered ok last time so I just did it, regret yes. Valium dosent really even help much anymore, just makes me shaky. Iíve been at this dose for over a month now so starting with small cuts to see how I fare then will go from there! Hope everyone is hanging in there, I am just barely.

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2022, 04:26:00 pm »
[...] - how are you doing these days?