Night Owl - A Safe Place for Insomniacs to Chat The Night Away/Not Feel Lonely

[Bl...]

Hi Friends,

We (another Benzo Buddy) thought of a chat room for those who can't sleep at night but I know the moderators would not be able to supervise it. So here 's the next best thing. Nighttime is an especially hard for many of us recovering from Benzos. This Section is for those who find themselves in the nighttime alone and suffering. Feel free to jump in anytime. I know we are all in different time zones but let's try it out.

Let's heal Together and give support.

Blue

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Bl...]

• [Ac...]

• [Mi...]

• [Sh...]

Hi Buddies,

I guess I will go first with an intro.

Last night I had a cortisol rush hit me at 2am which shocked me awake. I laid in bed until 5am driving my self nuts with intrusive thoughts. By the time, I decide to get up from bed my head was spinning so much anxiety that I was in full throttle. I woke my wife out of desperation and loneliness but that lasted 5 mins as I realized I'm feeling no comfort from someone who does't really understand what I'm going through plus I don't want to bother her. She's put up with enough during the day from all this!

Anyone else having this "fun" during the night? What are you experiencing and what do you do calm yourself and perhaps sleep?  :o :o

Blue

Thanks Blue!  It's daytime where I'm at now, but I'll get myself "signed up" here for notification of future posts.

Hey Accidental,

It is day time for me too. I probably will see you early tomorrow morning sometime so log in and we chat, keep each other company during the night bouts.

Blue

I got 3.5 hours maybe. Try to be positive. U can still function on small amounts of sleep. I know it’s very hard some days x Start reading. I stay in bed regardless and meditate. Sometimes I put my headlamp on and read. I don’t sleep with my hubby anymore so it doesn’t matter what I do

When I am in bed at night, I try to stay in bed to give myself the best chance at falling asleep. Chatting with other insomniacs sounds great if it weren't for me wanting to stay in bed, relaxed and ready for sleep, should it come.

Last night was rough for me too. I slept at someone else's house which makes it even harder.

When I am in bed at night, I try to stay in bed to give myself the best chance at falling asleep. Chatting with other insomniacs sounds great if it weren't for me wanting to stay in bed, relaxed and ready for sleep, should it come.

Last night was rough for me too. I slept at someone else's house which makes it even harder.

Same, I don't get out of bed unless I'm panicking.  And I only get on BB when I know for sure I'm done for the night.  This morning and yesterday I knew.  Earlier this week I had a string of nights where i woke up at 430 each morning but fell back asleep until 530.  That extra hour is pretty valuable. 

I usually listen to yoga nidra.  That was a recommendation from another buddy- sage Hill.  Other times I'll listen to one song on repeat.  If I'm doing one of these and it's annoying me instead of relaxing, that's the sign that I'm done for the night. 

Same, I don't get out of bed unless I'm panicking.  And I only get on BB when I know for sure I'm done for the night.  This morning and yesterday I knew.  Earlier this week I had a string of nights where i woke up at 430 each morning but fell back asleep until 530.  That extra hour is pretty valuable. 

I usually listen to yoga nidra.  That was a recommendation from another buddy- sage Hill.  Other times I'll listen to one song on repeat.  If I'm doing one of these and it's annoying me instead of relaxing, that's the sign that I'm done for the night.

Exactly Accident,

It is only when I know I am done for the night like this morning and panicking ...I tried to sleep for an hour but I knew by my mind it was futile...plus i did sleep 5/6 hours...my bad was sleeping at 9pm the past few days...tonight I'm not going to allow my self do that....I've been through this before training my body to get tired at 11pm not 9pm...I throw on all the lights in the living room while watching TV...I'm going for midnight bedtime tonight...If I sleep from midnight to 6am the sun comes up at 7pm..then I'm good....otherwise I start obsessing like this morning...And believe it or not I actually felt some comfort in know if I have an episode tonight you might be on the board..Like you said its like a ghost town...A few nights Sage and I Pm each other months ago during our a few insane nights...I can't tell you how much relief it was to chat with her a few hours from 2am to 4am...I actually felt so tired and at ease that I went back to bed and slept!

I guess we are here to support each other in any way we can...I know many are in England and Australia, too and the time zones could offer someone who is have a terrible night of insomnia a way to chat with us in the State and vice versa...Why limit to the USA only? So for example, there may be BB in Europe or an Aussie that needs comfort and some one from Western Hemp can help...and as it goes when we need someone they will be there for us...but yes! Stay in bed if you can still rest even if you don't sleep!

Blue

I actually did try to nap just now. I haven't successfully napped in years. I tried to nap a few months ago, when I was sleeping 2 hours a night because I was just SO tired, I couldn't help it. I laid down for about 40 minutes and 'rested'. I didn't fall asleep though. I felt like I might, but I never did.

Love me some sleep!

Oooh, I love this! This would have been SUPER duper helpful to me like two weeks ago, haha! Not sure if I’m in a long decent wave, or if I’m getting better, but my insomnia was SO bad in the beginning. I would have loved to have this group back when things were real bad for me. I’m glad future buddies and people still struggling with insomnia will have this to chat in. If anyone needs to talk, my PM’s are always open to all! Don’t feel alone. We are all going through this together and I’d love to stay in touch with any and all of you.

Oooh, I love this! This would have been SUPER duper helpful to me like two weeks ago, haha! Not sure if I’m in a long decent wave, or if I’m getting better, but my insomnia was SO bad in the beginning. I would have loved to have this group back when things were real bad for me. I’m glad future buddies and people still struggling with insomnia will have this to chat in. If anyone needs to talk, my PM’s are always open to all! Don’t feel alone. We are all going through this together and I’d love to stay in touch with any and all of you.

Hi MissAria! Yes! I didn't even think about the new people who are up weeks straight like I was when I took the jump April 27th! I agree! I would have loved this too! Two weeks  ZERO SLEEP was my experience! I love how we help each other by building ideas and wonderful idea about PMing if the board gets to much...I will keep you in mind if I'm flipping out in a panic 2am! Spread the word!  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hi MissAria! Yes! I didn't even think about the new people who are up weeks straight like I was when I took the jump April 27th! I agree! I would have loved this too! Two weeks  ZERO SLEEP was my experience! I love how we help each other by building ideas and wonderful idea about PMing if the board gets to much...I will keep you in mind if I'm flipping out in a panic 2am! Spread the word!  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Awesome! I’m always up for a chat with new friends. One of the biggest things during this for me is feeling lonely. I have a few people around, but none of them know what it’s like to go through Benzo withdrawals. I would love to have people to chat to that know more about what that is like.

Pittsburgh! I love it there! I'm from L.A.

You started on Prozac? What was that like? Did it disrupt sleep? I thought about taking that but I'm so scared now of pills in general and causing more damage.

I know what you mean...I look normal on the outside but when this thing starts to rage?!?! My inside are...well let's just say I'm glad no one can read minds!  :laugh: :laugh:

Hows your sleep nowadays?

You started on Prozac? What was that like? Did it disrupt sleep? I thought about taking that but I'm so scared now of pills in general and causing more damage.

I know what you mean...I look normal on the outside but when this thing starts to rage?!?! My inside are...well let's just say I'm glad no one can read minds!  :laugh: :laugh:

I’m originally from the Pacific Northwest and I miss it there SO MUCH. I left there because my mom and father passed away, so I moved to PA to be with my husband’s family.

Prozac has been helping, at least with the intrusive thoughts. I’m still on a small dose, but I think they’ll probably want to up me. And I’m glad nobody can read minds, as well! I’d be in big trouble for sure!  :D:P

My sleep has been decent since the Prozac started working. I have even taken some small naps!

I’m originally from the Pacific Northwest and I miss it there SO MUCH. I left there because my mom and father passed away, so I moved to PA to be with my husband’s family.

Prozac has been helping, at least with the intrusive thoughts. I’m still on a small dose, but I think they’ll probably want to up me. And I’m glad nobody can read minds, as well! I’d be in big trouble for sure!  :D:P

My sleep has been decent since the Prozac started working. I have even taken some small naps!

I'm sorry for your loss.

Yes! Seattle, Portland love it~

I had to school my wife on all this over 9 months ago..Thank God for Benzo Buddies! She's been good about it..supportive...it has been tough...I'm much better with my waves..They last only a few hours...they used to last for days! Ouch!!

Those intrusive thoughts are something else, huh? If I didn't know it was part of WD I would think I'm losing my mind!~

Morning cortisols rushes are rough...This morning I had one at 2am! I am going to force myself to stay up until midnight so I sleep though the night...The last three nights I have been sleeping at 9pm and popping up 6 hours later...no bueno for me...I get lonely and have to be quite since my wife can sleep 9 hours! 

We sleep in separate rooms since I toss and turn too much  ::) ::)

I'll be up for another five hours so I chat away unit 3am your time  8) 8)

What a mess we got ourselves into, huh? Wish I never took these stupid pills!  :idiot: :idiot:

I'm sorry for your loss.

Yes! Seattle, Portland love it~

I had to school my wife on all this over 9 months ago..Thank God for Benzo Buddies! She's been good about it..supportive...it has been tough...I'm much better with my waves..They last only a few hours...they used to last for days! Ouch!!

Those intrusive thoughts are something else, huh? If I didn't know it was part of WD I would think I'm losing my mind!~

Morning cortisols rushes are rough...This morning I had one at 2am! I am going to force myself to stay up until midnight so I sleep though the night...The last three nights I have been sleeping at 9pm and popping up 6 hours later...no bueno for me...I get lonely and have to be quite since my wife can sleep 9 hours! 

We sleep in separate rooms since I toss and turn too much  ::) ::)

I'll be up for another five hours so I chat away unit 3am your time  8) 8)

What a mess we got ourselves into, huh? Wish I never took these stupid pills!  :idiot: :idiot:

Same, as far as wishing I’d never taken them! I’ve never had a panic attack as intense as I did the first two weeks after my last dose. Just 24/7 panic attacks, anxiety, and not a single moment of relaxation. It’s amazing how much the body and mind can handle though, and heal from it. I’m definitely better than I was a month ago, and I’m hoping a month from now I’ll be even better than now! I hope you manage to get some good sleep, tonight! You and everybody else in here! :smitten: :smitten:

Yes indeed! The brain heals! You have a great attitude!

Have you heard of any Jordan Peterson youtube clips on his Benzo journey? Regardless of what we think of him politically, I am so happy he is bringing this Benzo injury to the forefront! Youtube Jordan Peterson Benzo and his interview with his daughter is flat out shocking! His daughter took him to Moscow and Siberia to be treated for WD!! She did not know what else do with him!! He was so out of it he thought he was kidnapped by Florida milita! He really had it bad and he started taking Benzo for sleep due to his wife dying of cancer!

Oh yeah. I love Jordan Peterson so so much. I know a lot of people aren’t a huge fan of his, but I watch videos of him all the time with my S/O. What he went through is crazy. What he’s still going through! “Benzo Warrior” is such an incredibly appropriate title for all of us. It truly does take a warrior to get through these w/d’s.

Yes indeed! Have you read others in their success stories mention how this ordeal has made them stronger? I'm not done but I can imagine after this roller coaster death ride one would feel they can take on anything! This is by far the worse experience of my life! Some don't make it i.e Chris Cornell  it takes a strong will...I know I'll never touch the stuff again...I had no idea like Peterson they can cause so much damage!

I'm glad attention is being focused on the dangers!

by far the most insidious part of all this is the non linear part...I hope you steady get better though many of us have these crazy I feel fine periods only to have WD return! Pure torture! I thought I was healed three times last year starting in July..I stopped thinking that and told myself unless 3 months pass without any waves I'm still in this  :'( :'( :'(

I’m so sorry you are still struggling :( I have been feeling better for a couple weeks, but I can definitely tell I’m not out of the woods, yet. I love this forum, though. Its been a MASSIVE help to me.

This forum is great! How did you find out about it? I discovered it on youtube clip about Benzos. Do you read success stories? Which is your favorite? Mine is "Trust The Windows"

Whelp, didn't expect to end up here so soon.  Only 1 am my time.  My earliest wake time since September.  Not sure what's going on with me.  I hope I can get back to sleep for at least another hour.