A new fear weighing on my mind

[Be...]

I’m post 20-something weeks since my last dose of lorazepam. There’s been lots of ups and downs since then. I’ve had a lot of fears and thought I could have many different illnesses or diseases since then. I hope this is just another groundless fear, but idk.

It’s kinda gross, but I’ve noticed my urine is more foamy when I use the bathroom. Sometimes it is very thick. This has been going on for two or three months, and I’ve also noticed my fingernails have taken on a darker hue, and my toenails are pale. In the past several weeks I’ve also begun itching more, and dealing with random red bumps here and there on my skin. Never mind the ongoing fatigue.

According to Google, these are symptoms of kidney disease. I’m in my early 30’s, and though I’m slightly overweight, deal with occasional high BP, I know chances aren’t super high that’s what I have. But I’m worried about it anyway, because that’s what I do.

Anyway, I guess I’m posting this to see if anyone here has dealt with this before and it NOT be some kinda kidney disease?

I've not dealt with that situation so hopefully another member can help you with that.

I can say I've done what you've done and created new fears weighing on my mind. I have health anxiety.  I have taken a constellation of weird symptoms/bodily occurrences and fashioned them to be some dreaded disease or illness.  Our mind looks for patterns and tries to connect dots that sometimes don't need to be connected.  I've had countless appointments and tests and labs to get these things checked out.  Fortunately soe far everything is clear.  .

I try to stay away from Dr Google, and triggering posts here, but it's hard. 

I've not dealt with that situation so hopefully another member can help you with that.

I can say I've done what you've done and created new fears weighing on my mind. I have health anxiety.  I have taken a constellation of weird symptoms/bodily occurrences and fashioned them to be some dreaded disease or illness.  Our mind looks for patterns and tries to connect dots that sometimes don't need to be connected.  I've had countless appointments and tests and labs to get these things checked out.  Fortunately soe far everything is clear.  .

I try to stay away from Dr Google, and triggering posts here, but it's hard.

It is hard to stay away from health posts and asking Google health questions. Some days I can manage, but on others my OCD takes over and I can sometimes spend hours researching symptoms and illnesses. And in the back of my mind, I know I’m just scaring myself but…idk, it’s like I just need to know.

I understand this so much.  For me, the best way to stop it is as early as possible.  I can't even look at the post or bad things happen.  I came to realize it was the most damaging thing I'm doing, psychologically.  Any time I'm googling disease symptoms, I'm about to have a bad few days afterwards. 

I understand this so much.  For me, the best way to stop it is as early as possible.  I can't even look at the post or bad things happen.  I came to realize it was the most damaging thing I'm doing, psychologically.  Any time I'm googling disease symptoms, I'm about to have a bad few days afterwards.

Makes sense. I need to do better.

I’ve also become super aware of all sorts of things related to my health, and every little detail would alarm me. I had the same exact thought when noticing foam in urine — sign that there’s protein in it. I got a urinalysis done and nothing abnormal was detected. Even got a 3 liter jug urine test for kidney filtration rate and adrenals — also all good. I recommend just telling your doc you’re worried and ask for tests.

I’ve also become super aware of all sorts of things related to my health, and every little detail would alarm me. I had the same exact thought when noticing foam in urine — sign that there’s protein in it. I got a urinalysis done and nothing abnormal was detected. Even got a 3 liter jug urine test for kidney filtration rate and adrenals — also all good. I recommend just telling your doc you’re worried and ask for tests.

The super aware thing is so annoying. I literally question every little thing now. Glad to hear you’re good though…hoping the same is true for me. Foamy urine is still ongoing, been with me the past couple months.

Ugh, the super aware thing is horrible.  I over analyze every cut, scrape, stool, urine, stomach pain, headache etc.  It's exhausting, but I can't seem to stop

Ugh, the super aware thing is horrible.  I over analyze every cut, scrape, stool, urine, stomach pain, headache etc.  It's exhausting, but I can't seem to stop

Same. You’re right, it is exhausting and I’m sure it drives my family crazy. But yeah, I can’t seem to stop. I want to though. :(

Benzo-Ronin....ask your primary care doc for a blood draw (metabolic profile) and U/A.  Check BUN, Creatnine, & protein in the urine.  Put your mind at ease

Benzo-Ronin....ask your primary care doc for a blood draw (metabolic profile) and U/A.  Check BUN, Creatnine, & protein in the urine.  Put your mind at ease

Last time I had a blood draw was in October. It showed normal levels in the categories you listed. But he didn’t do a urinalysis, and I can’t remember when I started seeing my urine look more foamy (it had to be after the visit). So idk, is it worth it to go in just for a urinalysis?

Yes, I agree with Enuf - just get the urinalysis and put your mind at ease. It's non-invasive and inexpensive. And have the doc maybe look at the red bumps. Couldn't hurt!  :)

Yes, I agree with Enuf - just get the urinalysis and put your mind at ease. It's non-invasive and inexpensive. And have the doc maybe look at the red bumps. Couldn't hurt!  :)

Okay, that’s probably what I’ll end up doing. Might sound strange, but I’m tired of drs. I think that’s where part of my hesitation lies.

I’ve been annoying my physician constantly to order tests and referrals. But that’s ok. That’s their job. She keeps telling there’s probably nothing wrong with me, but I say I’m still very concerned about my symptoms and keep ordering tests. It doesn’t hurt to insist and to use the healthcare system to the fullest if you can.

It is definitely worth getting tests when things change or get worse.

If I had not followed up with the optometrist and doctor about symptoms I would not have received my diagnosis and would still be searching the net for the reason of my eye issues.

:hug:

I’ve been annoying my physician constantly to order tests and referrals. But that’s ok. That’s their job. She keeps telling there’s probably nothing wrong with me, but I say I’m still very concerned about my symptoms and keep ordering tests. It doesn’t hurt to insist and to use the healthcare system to the fullest if you can.

Good point.

It is definitely worth getting tests when things change or get worse.

If I had not followed up with the optometrist and doctor about symptoms I would not have received my diagnosis and would still be searching the net for the reason of my eye issues.

:hug:

Yeah, that makes sense. I think that’s one of my fears, is missing something that could be wrong with me.