Is this benzo withdrawal?

[Mr...]

I'm now 11 weeks since I 'accidently' went cold turkey and I am still experiencing many symptoms. I know that these matters can take time but is it withdrawal or is it brain injury? When I have googled brain injury, apparently brain injury cannot be healed!

If it is brain injury, can this be proved? Do scans show this type of injury?

Hi Mrsbump, could you add your medication history into your signature so everyone can see when you quit cold turkey and what drug and dose you were taking?  This will help members understand at a glance without having to go back to your beginning posts.  Here are the instructions.  Add your history/signature 

You're still pretty early in recovery I'm sorry to say so what you're feeling is normal for this process.  You're injured yes but you don't have brain damage, what you have is repairable and your brain is busy doing the work. 

This is a temporary "injury" that your body and brain knows how to heal. Like if you ran your car into a wall. You take it to the body shop and they fix it. That kind of injury. Nothing permanent and nothing that shows up on scans. I believe it is written somewhere in the Ashton Manual. Or Heather Ashton said something about this very topic.

Hang in there. It will get better and ALOT easier to manage as time goes on.

:smitten: