Author Topic: Xanax crossover to Valium questions  (Read 502 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Xanax crossover to Valium questions
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2022, 01:30:40 pm »
I am switching over to Valium from Xanax XR (started last night).  I was very scared to start as I had a failed attempt at this a few years ago, but my Doctor at that time had no idea what he was doing. 
Anyway, my new psychiatrist started with switching the evening dose of Xanax first to Valium and I am holding here for 2 weeks.  Feel free to message me if you would like.
I am currently taking Xanax XR 1mg in the morning and 10mg Valium in the evening to replace the .5mg I was taking before. 

My current psychiatrist is a God send!  He is amazing and extremely knowledgeable, kind and caring.  I thank God every day for this man!  I searched for years for a doctor like this.  He said the way to do it is to switch to Valium and taper 1 mg every 2 weeks.  Xanax doesn't come in a small enough dose to taper.  The Valium so far is much better then Xanax and I was pleasantly surprised last night.  I slept all night, I woke up a few times, but didn't crave the Xanax at all!     
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.