Milk titration

[Zi...]

Can you please help me with titration with milk?  I’m on 9 mg and the last dry cut I made was 1 mg from 10 and I’ve been suffering anxiety for 3 weeks. I really need a schedule for milk titration going much slower.  I saw that you will make out a schedule?  I’ve done milk titration before, but it was a long time ago and I started at much less valium. I am now on valium.  Any help would be so appreciated. Thank you

Hi Ziggydumb,

We don't make schedules for our members but we'll work with you to figure out what your best path forward is.  It's good to know you have experience with titration, this link is to help you freshen your memory of what to expect. 

What size are your pills, have you considered getting the 2 mg so you can cut your pills into much smaller pieces?  Would you be comfortable continuing to dry cut if you could get them?  I just hate to see you get tied down with titrating when there are still options for dry cutting.  Also, did you know Diazepam comes in a liquid form from the manufacturer, this would save you from having to do the mixing yourself.

I'm not trying to talk you out of this, just going over your options.  :)

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you for your reply. Basically some unscrupulous rehab put me in klonopin equal to 30 mg Valium. I’ve pill tapered Valium down to 10. I went down to 9.0 had horrible anxiety. Decided to go to milk titration. I’m now at 8.5 and still having horrible anxiety, even after 2 weeks. I really need help. I don’t unite understand how some people make tiny cuts every day. With what kind of syringe?  The smallest I have is under 1.0  Thank you  I  bc really need your help

Ziggy, I used this water taper method for my clonazepam taper but you could use milk instead of water.  It is super easy to use and you can adjust the amount of days it takes to taper by adjusting the amount of liquid you usel  And of course, you can hold at the dose you are on at any point:

I looked at the subjec here but am really confused how to daily micro taper.  An you help me find someone who can explain it to me?  On 8.5 mg Valium from 30mg! Bc I was put on Klonopin.  I’m cutting .5 oercent of my dose every 2 weeks but I’m still getting symptoms. Please help!

YeS PLEASE can you help me milk micro titrate?  . I’ve been milk titrating but I’m getting confused about ml And mg.  Is 1 ml the same as 1 ml?  So I started milk titrating at 9.0 and cut it to 8.5. I’m holding now bc I’m getting so many w/d symptoms. So I thought .5 ml is the same as 1/2 mg of valium  I’m so confused. I have the very smallest Syringe I could buy. It goes from 1.0 ml and down.  Should I try just use that syringe and try a lower dose but every day?  I really need help!  Thank you

Ziggy,

I have never done milk titration but I am excellent with math.  If you give me enough information, I can solve the problem for you.

However, before we do a ton of work on milk, let us review your world of options.  In general, I like to consider these options in order:

(1) Simple reduction based on pills (you already did this as low as you can go - good job)

(2) Liquid using water or milk based on the video Kate08 gave you

(3) Micro cutting only if number 2 fails.

What is your biggest symptom?  Is it sleep loss?  I found, if I could get enough sleep, I could handle daytime issues.  Do you want a solution which mostly addresses sleep?

Bob

Ziggy,

I have never done milk titration but I am excellent with math.  If you give me enough information, I can solve the problem for you.

However, before we do a ton of work on milk, let us review your world of options.  In general, I like to consider these options in order:

(1) Simple reduction based on pills (you already did this as low as you can go - good job)

(2) Liquid using water or milk based on the video Kate08 gave you

(3) Micro cutting only if number 2 fails.

What is your biggest symptom?  Is it sleep loss?  I found, if I could get enough sleep, I could handle daytime issues.  Do you want a solution which mostly addresses sleep?

Bob

Bob7, I'm so envious of those who are both good at math and confident about it.  Anyway, can one make a liquid titration with either water or milk like the one in the video I linked to that is a micro taper?  It seems to me that if one adds enough water the daily reductions will be small enough to be considered micro?  Even 300 ml/300 days seems pretty gradual. The thing I loved about this method was no math is required!!  :thumbsup:

Thanks for helping out Bob7.  You are really appreciated here.

Kate08

Kate,

I absolutely agree with you.  That video is prefect.  Ziggy can just substitute the water for milk. 

Ziggy, As I recall, the video starts with 300 mL so that is a 300 day taper.  Nice and slow.

If you want to go faster or slower, you can. 

No mater where you are with your benzo, just pick the number of days you want to finish your taper and make that the number of mL.

Yes, hold for at least 2 weeks or until your symptoms are tolerable - whichever is longer.

During that time, journal your symptoms every day.

What are your symptoms?  How is your sleep?  Is sleep your biggest problem?  If you can get enough sleep, can you handle the daytime hours?

Anxiety so bad in the morning and terrible fear. I have seen that video but she doesn’t adjust as she goes down, right?  Is that video a micro taper?  I’m sleeping only bc I’m taking remeron which I will eventuLly taper too. Any other info will be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much

Here is exactly how you can do the taper.

Every day, dissolve 9mg of benzo in 300 mL of water or milk.  If desired, you can make a better solution if you first let the benzo break up in a few teaspoons of vodka.

You do the above step every day, always with 9 mg benzo, always 300 mL of water or milk.

Here is how to use it.

Day 1 - Remove 1 mg of liquid and drink the rest.

Day 2 - Remove 2 mg of liquid and drink the rest.

Continue for 300 days.

Nothing else is working when I hit 8.5 mg. I was on pills but it became too much of a decrease. Now I’m doing less with milk and still not stabilizing. Thank you

Thank you. How much is 1 ml equal to in mg?

It depends on the density of the material.

1mL of water is the volume of water which weighs 1 mg.

It doesn't make much sense to apply such talk to Benzos.

If you're asking how many milligrams of your drug are removed when you remove 1mL of liquid, it is 0.03mg.

Ok. That is what I was wondering. How much I would be taking. Thank you. I appreciate your support and I hope you can continue giving me support. Thank you thank you so much!  I know sleeping will be a huge issue for me when I titrate the remeron so any help there would be great. I read your history and saw some things that might help. Bless you

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Pamster. I’m wondering if you found anyone to help me daily micro taper Valium?  I’m tapering .02 per night.  I have so much anxiety!  I was never really able to stabilize on 8.5 but I waited 5 weeks. Should I hold my dose now?  I usually feel much better at night but all day I have terrible anxiety. Thank you so much