Author Topic: Milk titration  (Read 1045 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Milk titration
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2022, 05:25:57 pm »
Ziggy,

I have never done milk titration but I am excellent with math.  If you give me enough information, I can solve the problem for you.

However, before we do a ton of work on milk, let us review your world of options.  In general, I like to consider these options in order:
(1) Simple reduction based on pills (you already did this as low as you can go - good job)
(2) Liquid using water or milk based on the video [...] gave you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whpciMUXHfY
(3) Micro cutting only if number 2 fails.

What is your biggest symptom?  Is it sleep loss?  I found, if I could get enough sleep, I could handle daytime issues.  Do you want a solution which mostly addresses sleep?

Bob
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2022, 05:32:44 pm »
Ziggy,

I have never done milk titration but I am excellent with math.  If you give me enough information, I can solve the problem for you.

However, before we do a ton of work on milk, let us review your world of options.  In general, I like to consider these options in order:
(1) Simple reduction based on pills (you already did this as low as you can go - good job)
(2) Liquid using water or milk based on the video [...] gave you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whpciMUXHfY
(3) Micro cutting only if number 2 fails.

What is your biggest symptom?  Is it sleep loss?  I found, if I could get enough sleep, I could handle daytime issues.  Do you want a solution which mostly addresses sleep?

Bob

[...], I'm so envious of those who are both good at math and confident about it.  Anyway, can one make a liquid titration with either water or milk like the one in the video I linked to that is a micro taper?  It seems to me that if one adds enough water the daily reductions will be small enough to be considered micro?  Even 300 ml/300 days seems pretty gradual. The thing I loved about this method was no math is required!!   :thumbsup:

Thanks for helping out [...].  You are really appreciated here.

[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2022, 05:42:21 pm »
[...],
I absolutely agree with you.  That video is prefect.  Ziggy can just substitute the water for milk. 

Ziggy, As I recall, the video starts with 300 mL so that is a 300 day taper.  Nice and slow.

If you want to go faster or slower, you can. 

No mater where you are with your benzo, just pick the number of days you want to finish your taper and make that the number of mL.

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2022, 05:52:37 pm »
Ok.  It how do I decide how much to taper?  Bob 7 please help me. Should I stabilize first?

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2022, 06:30:02 pm »
Yes, hold for at least 2 weeks or until your symptoms are tolerable - whichever is longer.

During that time, journal your symptoms every day.

What are your symptoms?  How is your sleep?  Is sleep your biggest problem?  If you can get enough sleep, can you handle the daytime hours?

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2022, 06:42:13 pm »
Anxiety so bad in the morning and terrible fear. I have seen that video but she doesnít adjust as she goes down, right?  Is that video a micro taper?  Iím sleeping only bc Iím taking remeron which I will eventuLly taper too. Any other info will be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2022, 07:09:54 pm »
Here is exactly how you can do the taper.

Every day, dissolve 9mg of benzo in 300 mL of water or milk.  If desired, you can make a better solution if you first let the benzo break up in a few teaspoons of vodka.

You do the above step every day, always with 9 mg benzo, always 300 mL of water or milk.

Here is how to use it.

Day 1 - Remove 1 mg of liquid and drink the rest.
Day 2 - Remove 2 mg of liquid and drink the rest.
Continue for 300 days.

[Buddie]

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2022, 07:19:49 pm »
Thank you. How much is 1 ml equal to in mg?

[Buddie]

Re: Daily micro tapering
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2022, 07:22:59 pm »
Nothing else is working when I hit 8.5 mg. I was on pills but it became too much of a decrease. Now Iím doing less with milk and still not stabilizing. Thank you

[Buddie]

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2022, 07:31:30 pm »
Hi [...],

I merged your two titration threads together so you can keep track of your answers easier.

[...]