Author Topic: Milk titration  (Read 1046 times)

[Buddie]

Milk titration
« on: January 27, 2022, 05:40:47 pm »
Can you please help me with titration with milk?  Iím on 9 mg and the last dry cut I made was 1 mg from 10 and Iíve been suffering anxiety for 3 weeks. I really need a schedule for milk titration going much slower.   I saw that you will make out a schedule?  Iíve done milk titration before, but it was a long time ago and I started at much less valium. I am now on valium.  Any help would be so appreciated. Thank you
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Milk titration
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2022, 06:52:19 pm »
Hi [...],

We don't make schedules for our members but we'll work with you to figure out what your best path forward is.  It's good to know you have experience with titration, this link is to help you freshen your memory of what to expect.  https://youtu.be/L1DgY33JKpE

What size are your pills, have you considered getting the 2 mg so you can cut your pills into much smaller pieces?  Would you be comfortable continuing to dry cut if you could get them?  I just hate to see you get tied down with titrating when there are still options for dry cutting.  Also, did you know Diazepam comes in a liquid form from the manufacturer, this would save you from having to do the mixing yourself.

I'm not trying to talk you out of this, just going over your options.  :)
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2022, 09:01:04 pm »
Thank you for your reply. Basically some unscrupulous rehab put me in klonopin equal to 30 mg Valium. Iíve pill tapered Valium down to 10. I went down to 9.0 had horrible anxiety. Decided to go to milk titration. Iím now at 8.5 and still having horrible anxiety, even after 2 weeks. I really need help. I donít unite understand how some people make tiny cuts every day. With what kind of syringe?  The smallest I have is under 1.0   Thank you   I  bc really need your help

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2022, 12:53:36 am »
I'm really fuzzy with this method because I didn't taper but maybe the members in this support group thread can help you.  http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=135284.0

If you don't find answers, come back here and I'll find someone to help you, okay?

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2022, 11:13:17 am »
Ziggy, I used this water taper method for my clonazepam taper but you could use milk instead of water.  It is super easy to use and you can adjust the amount of days it takes to taper by adjusting the amount of liquid you usel  And of course, you can hold at the dose you are on at any point:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whpciMUXHfY

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2022, 02:00:53 pm »
Crazy Canuck uses milk in this video.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1DgY33JKpE

[Buddie]

Daily micro tapering
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2022, 07:45:56 pm »
I looked at the subjec here but am really confused how to daily micro taper.  An you help me find someone who can explain it to me?  On 8.5 mg Valium from 30mg! Bc I was put on Klonopin.  Iím cutting .5 oercent of my dose every 2 weeks but Iím still getting symptoms. Please help!

[Buddie]

Re: Daily micro tapering
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2022, 08:02:33 pm »
Can I ask why you want to switch to micro tapering and which method are you currently using?

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2022, 10:20:40 pm »
YeS PLEASE can you help me milk micro titrate?  . Iíve been milk titrating but Iím getting confused about ml And mg.  Is 1 ml the same as 1 ml?  So I started milk titrating at 9.0 and cut it to 8.5. Iím holding now bc Iím getting so many w/d symptoms. So I thought .5 ml is the same as 1/2 mg of valium   Iím so confused. I have the very smallest Syringe I could buy. It goes from 1.0 ml and down.   Should I try just use that syringe and try a lower dose but every day?  I really need help!  Thank you

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2022, 10:23:10 pm »
I don't have experience but I'll reach out to someone to stop by.