Author Topic: Doing really well until COVID  (Read 1918 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Doing really well until COVID
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2022, 08:20:58 pm »
Thanks for your kindness, sage!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2022, 03:57:44 am »
I had covid I. NOVEMBER while I was tappering. I thought I was going to go crazy. I called my doctor everyday because of the mental torment. She told me it was probably from the inflammation caused by covid.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2022, 10:14:10 pm »
It sucks, I'm there now! Absolutely. It can also cause temporary scar tissue in the brain. Today I feel like my mind is going 1000 miles per hour. I can't focus hardly at all. Just sitting here breathing watching it spin

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2022, 05:42:05 pm »
It sucks, I'm there now! Absolutely. It can also cause temporary scar tissue in the brain. Today I feel like my mind is going 1000 miles per hour. I can't focus hardly at all. Just sitting here breathing watching it spin

My goodness!  I'm so sorry, [...].  I thought I was going to go crazy too.  I spent weeks where nearly every day was spent crying, shaking and vibrating, just hanging on for dear life.  It got better!  It has been slow for me because of my autoimmune disease, but it does improve. Hugs!

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2022, 07:08:14 pm »
Thanks, it's really hard to use mindfulness techniques when it gets that bad, but I got off electronics, and did "square" or box breathing technique, got up, washed a couple dishes, walked slowly around my family's two acres and took in the beauty. Laid down on the grass and just breathed with it all. Where I am at, even in the most difficult moments, is accepting life as it is. Surrendering to reality. It's my practice that I have built over years that is getting me through all this, even in the worst moments I know I'm also ok. Life is a constant change. Health included. Nothing is permanent. It took me 15 years of healing work and benzo hell to be here. And I'm grateful for all of it, because the resilience I developed is serving me well in this crisis!

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2022, 12:35:40 pm »
Hi,
I just want to say thank you for writing about whatís happened to you with Covid. I am now 27 months off benzos and turned a corner at 18 months. The last 6 months have been much more manageable, windows getting longer, waves shorter and for me by far the worst symptom the crazy chemical anxiety. The anxiety just faded a lot a 18 months. But like you all I got Covid 3 weeks ago and I feel like Iím back at the beginning again. The anxiety is crazy. When I found this thread and realised this has happened to others it has given me some reassurance that on the other side of this awful Covid wave is the much more manageable recovery symptoms again. So thank you for writing. I wish you all the best recovery. Much love to all going through this. Xxxx

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2022, 08:31:59 pm »
[...]

Thank you for coming out here and starting this thread.  I am 3 week into Covid and I too have been thrown back into WD SX including that paralyzing chemical Anxiety.  These symptoms did not kick in really until I felt recovered from the Flu like symptoms on about day 10 then it hit with a bang. Started with brain zap and skin burning then the nausea and now I get this anxiety pull that comes from my stomach and produces paralyzing terror and anxiety. 

I am still tapering. I am going very snail pace slow and had my symptoms to very near non existent.  I was living life pretty normally again. I felt at about 90%. In my research I agree that Covid causes inflammation. I am also seeing some of these symptoms even in folks who have not experienced Benzo WD.  I am doing what I can to reduce histamines in my diet.

[...] it gives me hope to see you are recovering and have gotten better.  Do you still experience the anxiety?  For me that has been the worst symptom to make a reappearance and I'm anxious for it to take its' leave.  I do hope you make full recovery soon..

Trina-Thank you for your input.  I remember you mentioning when you had covid. 

Thanks to the others Sage, [...] and Lumpy for sharing too.  It is a comfort to know we are not alone and not going crazy.

I am using the tools I did in early withdrawal to get through. But I sure understand when you were living life and feeling good how this brings it all back and is a shock. 

Hugs to all

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2022, 08:06:29 pm »
I am sorry you had the virus but it is also great to read that the recovery is going pretty well for you. I had covid in September and still struggle with some consequences. Now am I am reading the description of you fe different types of vitamins on Canada Drugs and want to order some. My immune system is not in the best condition at the moment.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2022, 02:48:52 pm by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2022, 11:09:40 pm »
[...] I have no words. Iím assuming u are in US? Ur healthcare system there is so flawed. I am so sorry u arenít able to get some form of disability payment. It sounds to me you are definitely eligible . U are a very strong person by ur posts here and I hope u can tap into that strength to get you thru another difficult time in ur life. Never forget the courage and strength that has carried you thru so many challenges already. Harness that and fight x

Thanks for this. Really. Yes disability here is a nightmare.

[Buddie]

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2022, 11:14:36 pm »
I am sorry you had the virus but it is also great to read that the recovery is going pretty well for you. I had covid in September and still struggle with some consequences.

It was for a little bit then I crashed hard. Now it's like I've had a stroke or come off benzos again. Same mechanism of action. I've learned that it's due to vagus nerve damage, scarring in brain, and re-activated old viruses (I had dengue some years ago). It's very very much like a benzo injury. At least I KNOW I can heal that. I know what to do. It's meditation, rest, more rest, sitting in the sunshine and fresh air, battling to take care of myself on a daily basis when I don't feel I can (hard to get up), and heaps of self compassion, understanding and love. I've also gone keto and lost like 15-20# the past four days, no joke. That's how much inflammation and water retention/weight was in my body. One woman put it like having a stroke. Yes. Brain damage is serious!