Anxiety over something dumb…

[Mi...]

So I got a scam call saying that I was going to be taken to court over unpaid debt from an unpaid credit card. I KNEW it was a scam call and yet it was enough to trigger anxiety. I hate freaking out over dumb things like this. Any kind words or encouragement for me today would be great!

My suggestion would be to distract yourself.  That worked best for me, puzzles, crosswords, easy going movies and such were in my 'go to' bag of distraction tricks.

Those calls are a pain in the neck. My phone usually reveals that it is a spam call and I just disconnect and block the number.

It'll be OK.

pianogirl  :)

I get these scam calls too MissAria. I have an iPhone and I usually have do not disturb turned on. I set up a list of contact exceptions that will allow these calls to come through the DND block. All other calls get blocked so the scammers never get through to me anymore. I can understand tho how something like this can trigger your anxiety. I can also normally spot the spam calls a mile away so when I do answer, the call gets an immediate click. LOL

I  ignore and laugh mostly at stuff like this, even tho it is annoying.

edit: grammar correction 1/25/22  2:49PM EST

Learning to laugh at the little things is something I have to re-teach myself. I’ve been too deep in depression for too long. Trying to see the positives in life, again! It’s a struggle, but I’ll get there one day.