Author Topic: Anxiety over something dumb…  (Read 496 times)

[Buddie]

Anxiety over something dumb…
« on: January 25, 2022, 04:02:40 pm »
So I got a scam call saying that I was going to be taken to court over unpaid debt from an unpaid credit card. I KNEW it was a scam call and yet it was enough to trigger anxiety. I hate freaking out over dumb things like this. Any kind words or encouragement for me today would be great!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Anxiety over something dumb…
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2022, 04:07:13 pm »
My suggestion would be to distract yourself.  That worked best for me, puzzles, crosswords, easy going movies and such were in my 'go to' bag of distraction tricks.

Those calls are a pain in the neck. My phone usually reveals that it is a spam call and I just disconnect and block the number.

It'll be OK.

[...]  :)
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2022, 07:33:03 pm »
I get these scam calls too [...]. I have an iPhone and I usually have do not disturb turned on. I set up a list of contact exceptions that will allow these calls to come through the DND block. All other calls get blocked so the scammers never get through to me anymore. I can understand tho how something like this can trigger your anxiety. I can also normally spot the spam calls a mile away so when I do answer, the call gets an immediate click. LOL

I  ignore and laugh mostly at stuff like this, even tho it is annoying.

edit: grammar correction 1/25/22  2:49PM EST
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 07:38:24 pm by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2022, 07:55:23 pm »
Learning to laugh at the little things is something I have to re-teach myself. I’ve been too deep in depression for too long. Trying to see the positives in life, again! It’s a struggle, but I’ll get there one day.