Author Topic: Zoom support group  (Read 727 times)

[Buddie]

Zoom support group
« on: January 25, 2022, 02:26:29 pm »
Does anyone know if it's possible to run a zoom meeting anonymously and in compliance with board policies?  I know it's discouraged to share personal information, and I agree, mostly bc I don't trust myself not to become a pest to others if I'm having a bad stretch. 

However, sometimes it would be nice to have a real time conversation.  Could zoom solve this issue?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Zoom support group
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2022, 03:00:13 pm »
My current understanding is not yet, but it's something being discussed.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2022, 03:56:51 pm »
I'm up for it

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2022, 12:03:21 am »
Iím well up for a zoom support group

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2022, 12:35:21 am »
Be good to get some others on board. Not everyone has to attend every time or something, just kind of like a drop in thing maybe?

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2022, 02:28:50 am »
Be good to get some others on board. Not everyone has to attend every time or something, just kind of like a drop in thing maybe?

Sounds good to me! Iím in australia so I couldnít do middle of the night

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2022, 05:39:30 pm »
Hello all,

We don't have anything like Zoom meetings in the pipeline, [...] just mentioned it was something that was discussed. We have a small team that is very busy taking care of this valuable forum. Adding more to their plate right now is not viable.  I know that connecting with others sounds wonderful. When I was in the process Zoom was unheard of but I do feel strongly that I got the support I needed here on the forum with the help of some wonderful buddies.

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2022, 07:28:21 pm »
Hey [...], I didn't mean the mods doing this as much as me posting a link to a meeting here.  Hopefully anonymously if I could figure it out.  If I intended on doing so, I'd want go make sure I wasn't breaking any rules. 

Thank you for everything you do for the forum and time you put into it!

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2022, 08:18:25 pm »
There is a meet up group based in New York that does zoom chats - I think weekly.
You can google them. Meet up benzo New York called Benzo Hope.
👍🏻