Seven Month Progress Report of Very Short Time User

[Ne...]

It has been 7 months since CT from  short term use of Temazepam.  Still have lingering symptoms of broken sleep (only about an hour of deep sleep per sleep watch) with about 6 hours of broken sleep in total, tinnitus and infrequent mild headaches - all very manageable.  Acceptance is key for me - acceptance that this shitty thing happened to me and acceptance that I cannot hurry this along as time is the only healer.  A book I read “Say Good Night to Insomnia” by Gregg Jacobs really helped me identify my negative sleep thoughts and how I could replace with positive sleep thoughts.  I highly recommend this book for people who are stressing over insomnia and not being able to sleep. 

I have developed some good coping skills.  In the last 7 weeks we learned that my husband’s cancer returned and since then, he had a biopsy and then surgery.  I find myself being strong and supportive for both him and myself.  During the depths of my despair during this benzo recovery, I vowed that I would come out stronger and I am pleased that this is so.

To all of you that are struggling, you’ve got this!  Talk to yourself with loving and positive thoughts as you can be your biggest champion.

Thanks for the update, and wishing you continued healing. I’m sorry about your husband, and I’m glad you have this profound new strength to react to this new challenge.

This experience teaches us the patience to deal with things we cannot control, and for that I’m grateful.

This is a good update, thank you for letting us know how you're doing.  I'm so glad you're strong enough to care for your husband as well as yourself, I hope he's going to be okay.

So happy you have learned coping skills. That is so helpful. I meditate and do deep breathing to help cope with my morning anxiety every day. Thanks for posting an update. It's helpful for everyone.

Thanks, again,

HM