Looking to switch from Clonazepam to Diazepam

[Ma...]

Hi folks, I am currently on .25mg Clonazepam noon and .5 mg Clonazepam and night

I'm looking to switch to Diazepam. Does this look good?

Stage 1 (1 week): 5mg Diazepam, .5mg Clonazepam with 5mg Diazepam

Stage 2 (1 week): 5mg Diazepam, .25mg Clonazepam with 5mg Diazepam

Stage 3 (1 week): 10mg Diazepam noon, 10mg Diazepam night

Not quite mrcybershow.....still on approx. 1.5 mgs V. I jumped at 2.5 the last time and that ended in disaster. I am going to start shaving and filing pills soon but I know when I finally stop again, my history tells me the hell will start about day (7-10). When I jumped the last time, the worst sxs were severe unrelenting anxiety, insomnia, heart palps, and elevated heart rate. I am an ex marathoner so my resting HR is always between 50-60 BPM. After my last attempt at stopping, the rate jumped to 70-90 and pretty much stayed there until I reinstated. The panic attacks were not bad and very infrequent, but the constant anxiety was off the charts.

I lost my job of 25 years mrcybershow and had to go on disability  :'(, so I suppose I was not functional. I did make 6 RTW (return to work) attempts, but they all ended in failure. I am single and have no kids however.

Hi folks, just an update. So my dr put me on the schedule below for this week

.25 Cloazepam morning + .25 Clonazepam evening + 5mg Diazepam bedtime

I'm also taking 10mg escitalopram morning and 10mg propanolol

The goal is to switch over to Diazepam and then taper 1mg per week.

I was wondering if I should start tapering my escitalopram as well? Been only taking it for a month.

I also take Trazodone occasionally (25mg) - so its a low dose

I was wondering if I should start tapering my escitalopram as well? Been only taking it for a month.

Thats a tough question about tapering the Escitalopram, ordinarily I'd say don't taper more than one medication at a time but since you've only been on it for a month, I'm wondering if its reached full efficacy and you could get away with tapering off of it while beginning your crossover?  Why are you considering going off of it? 

Thats a tough question about tapering the Escitalopram, ordinarily I'd say don't taper more than one medication at a time but since you've only been on it for a month, I'm wondering if its reached full efficacy and you could get away with tapering off of it while beginning your crossover?  Why are you considering going off of it?

Thanks Pamster, I want to be off all meds (mainly because of protracted withdrawal symptoms from my previous anti depressant Pristiq)

How are you crossing over?

Hi mrcybershow

Currently my dr is putting me on .25 clonazepam morning/evening and 5mg diazepam bedtime.

I believe next week he may switch the morning clonazepam dose to 5mg diazepam.

How are you liking the Valium?

Hi mrcybershow, I've  been on 0.25C Morning / 0.25C Evening and 5mg Diazepam bedtime

So far I am noticing that I am OK during the day however I get a sudden panic attack at 6am. Could it be because of the cortisol spike? I am taking the Diazepam at 11pm right before I sleep, maybe I should try taking it sooner?

After the panic attack at 6am there is heightened anxiety throughout the morning.

I lost my job of 25 years mrcybershow and had to go on disability  :'(, so I suppose I was not functional. I did make 6 RTW (return to work) attempts, but they all ended in failure. I am single and have no kids however.

Sorry to hear that AntiBenzo7, even though I've only been on these drugs for a few months, I can tell they can't  be good for you long term and I am planning to get off. Are you still taking Valium?

• 2 weeks later...