Panic attacks

[Do...]

Yesterday I had a panic attack because I ran out of my pills.

I had a panic attack this morning too.

I think I have been cut off the pills because I told the doctors office I ran out of pills and took extra sleeping pills.  I told them I wanted to be taken off the pills

I believe its a good thing your doctor may cut you off of the pills, sometimes going cold turkey is the only way some of us can quit.  I know its terrible, painful and scary but you're surviving this and every day you're away from the drug is one day closer to recovery.  You can do this Dom.  :thumbsup:

Thanks Pamster.  We'll my sister told me to tell them I wanted off the sleeping pills so I just have to get something for my anxiety attacks.  I told my doctors office I want off the restoril.  I just couldn't go through running out all the time and going cold turkey every two weeks with all the panic attacks, throwing up, almost collapsing, and skin trouble.  It's just hard because the restoril took away anxiety and helped me sleep.  My brother wanted me to quit too because I went to the hospital yesterday because I was throwing up from the withdrawals.

Dom, did you have anxiety before you started taking Zopiclone?  Has your anxiety gotten worse while taking Temazepam?  I believe the drugs are the cause of your anxiety and asking for another medication isn't the way you're going to stop having anxiety, stopping these drugs and recovering from your use will.

If you can make a decision to ride this out and accept the symptoms, they will pass eventually. It might be brutal at first but they do pass.

What you are doing right now is not working I would say. Having to CT every two weeks is no way to live. I think it is making things even worse.

Is there a way you can get professional help with this? It seems to me you need some help with a sensible taper if that is feasible or decide to ride out the CT and let things settle. What are your thoughts on this?

I agree with what Pam said Dom. It is very scary and hard but you do have the ability to cope w/o these pills. It is the only way to free yourself from the vicious cycle that you are trapped in.

I did have anxiety since 92, but before then I used to be fearles.  However, the anxiety was manageable before I started zopiclone and restoril.  After starting the zopiclone in Feb 2017 I started getting extreme panic attacks.  I started taking the restoril for panic in 2017, but it kept me in a extreme pattern of panic from 2020 until now unless I took it every morning.  When I ran out the panic would get extreme.like Friday and Saturday.

Dom81, all the panic and anxiety I had began to resolve when I got off benzos and alcohol.  Letting all the substances go was the only way for me although I didn't know it until I experienced it.  As they say, the only way out is through.  You can do this!

Dom, you keep kindling yourself by doing a C/T all the time.  It sounds like it's making you very sick.  Nothing will get better until you make changes with the way you are taking the Restoril.

Hey Dom,

You have been CT and going back and forth since before I got off Xanax 3 months ago. I think you need to just taper and then get off. I wish you the best of luck with your taper and anxiety. I know it sucks.

HM

I am having anxiety today without pills since Thursday.  I want it to be my choice to quit-not forced to quit.  It is just hard since I got in an argument with my brother and his girlfriend.  He always helped me quit.

Dom, I don't mean to be intrusive but it sounds like your living situation (living with your brother and his girlfriend) is causing you a lot of stress. Is this correct?

So sorry you are having such a rough time of it. Would just hope you can get professional help, so can go the safest, most secure route. Be kind to yourself whilst getting through it and of course, avoid stress if at all possible. ☮️