60 days and doing well

[He...]

Today is 60 days since my last dose.  After an earlier failed taper which is had done very slowly until the end, when a doctor pulled me off at .06 Klonopin (I didn’t know any better) which resulted in severe illness and an inability to swallow so I had to reinstate at .25. 

Anyhow, I took this taper super slowly and to the end.  The first 2 weeks post jumping I was mainly just really tired.  After that my energy started to return.  These past two weeks, I suddenly lost 5 pounds (after a 30 pound gain from the crossover to Valium).  I am eating double what I was as my appetite has returned along with my energy,

I am just super grateful that my jump did not create any additional health issues as I do have autoimmune issues.  I am grateful for these groups that educate and support.  I am grateful I have a doctor that supported my water taper.  I am grateful for a supportive family. 

I had the same dark days as everyone wondering if this ever ends.  I wondered if my brain could ever hold a thought again and if brain fog was my life forever.  It gets better.  It truly does.

Best to all

Congratulations, Hearmerohr!  Thank you for sharing your success in tapering, showing others how even when we hit a difficult spot that it can still be done.  I'm glad you are doing well and wishing you continued recovery and full healing! 

Hello hearmerohr,

You are proof that the second time is the charm.  You made the right decision and it paid off. I wish you well in your now benzo free life.

pianogirl  :smitten:

Hooray! Your story isn't too different from mine aside from how long you were on them. The only difference is that I kindled on valium and switched to klonopin for my second taper.

I also went a little bit too fast at the end of this taper, but luckily I'm leveling out now and can go slowly for the remainder. I'm sure it was frustrating to get pulled off at .06mg! That's so close to the end where you could have jumped safely! But all's well that ends well!

Congrats and I hope you're totally past this soon! Sounds like you will be  :)

I am so glad to see your sucess story! I'm so glad that things are better for you. I wish you the best life ever. I know you worked hard for it! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

Hearmerohr,

This is fantastic!  I am so glad to see your Success Story and know you are doing well.  Enjoy your new life without benzos!!

Kate08

Thanks everyone!  Of course as soon as I posted this I developed some gastric distress which isn’t letting up easily.  Hopefully it passes soon.  In the meantime, my energy and attitude remains good!