1st night cold turkey

[Do...]

It is my first night cold turkey alone without my brother.  I took an herbal formula for sleep and slept from 6 or 7 to 130am.  I feel exhasted and scared.  I have no pill to take for my anxiety.  My brothers Girlfriend got mad at my brother because he wanted me to text her he was out of minutes so I am worried she won't buy him any minutes to contact me.  I need to get a hold of him.

I feel real tired from being up half the night.  I hope sleep better tonight.  I took some sleep tea and some over the counter sleepeze.  I am hoping I can go to sleep soon.

It is my second night cold turkey

It's 9 and I can't sleep.  I can't get my sleeping pills until Monday or Tuesday, but hoping to quit this time

I can't go to sleep no matter what I do.  I took a sleepeze earlier and some melatonin.  I think I need to get some wine tomorrow as it helps me sleep.

I think I should reinstate.  I feel like collapsing and can't sleep.  I can't get my restoril until Monday or Tuesday

I am going to call the walk in clinic n the morning and see if I can get another type of sleeping pill to substitute.

I don't have my brother to help me go cold turkey so I can't do it without his help.  I need sleep.

I have been up all night except 9ne hour and feel terrible.  I called a medical line to see what I should do.  They wouldn't help me because they thought it was a mental health problem.  I am going to call the walk in clinics in the morning and tell them I ran out of pills and see if they can reinstate me on another sleeping pill.  I feel stressed out and scared.  I want to call my brother, but I'll wake up his girlfriend.  I hope I can get some pills so I can sleep.

Sleep will come back naturally. It might be many nights of limited sleep but sometimes that is how it goes. Perhaps you can try not be so afraid of not sleeping?

I am going to send you a link I always read when I was struggling with sleep. Maybe some of the content will help you. The success stories are full of people who struggled with sleep and recovered. I myself was sleepless or limited horrible sleep for months and now am doing much better.  Our brains know how to heal.

here is the post:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=235100.0

Dom, Restoril is a very short-acting benzo.  I used to take it.  It would put me to sleep and within 2 hours I would be awake again and then in tolerance w/d.  No wonder you have such bad anxiety and insomnia.  Can't the doc switch you to Valium since it's longer acting?

This is my third night c/t.  I only slept 2 hours.

I had to go to the hospital as I was throwing up back stuff.

The hospital fave me one lorazpam for my anxiety.  The rest results are good. I still feel like throwing up.  I can't drink my coffee.

I was supposed to meet my aunt out of town yesterday, but she didn't show up.

Then she bad mouthed my mental health and addictions to my sister.

I feel afraid my anxiety will get severe and I will call the hospital.

The hospital fave me one lorazpam for my anxiety.  The rest results are good. I still feel like throwing up.  I can't drink my coffee.

Dom81, letting benzos and sleeping pills go is such a tough process as most of us here can attent to!  Those nights where sleep won't come are so very long.  Some of our members decide to seek help at a treatment facility where they will be in a controlled environment and they will receive round-the-clock support during withdrawl and the temptation to take more pills will not be possible.  I hope you will consider looking into this as an option for youself.  I feel it is a particularly good thing to consider if you live alone and don't have a partner on your 'team'.

While our mission at BB is to support one another during the process of letting benzos go, sometimes it takes a bit of outside help.

Kate08

Dom81, letting benzos and sleeping pills go is such a tough process as most of us here can attent to!  Those nights where sleep won't come are so very long.  Some of our members decide to seek help at a treatment facility where they will be in a controlled environment and they will receive round-the-clock support during withdrawl and the temptation to take more pills will not be possible.  I hope you will consider looking into this as an option for youself.  I feel it is a particularly good thing to consider if you live alone and don't have a partner on your 'team'.

While our mission at BB is to support one another during the process of letting benzos go, sometimes it takes a bit of outside help.

Kate08

I agree with Kate, a very good post. I think you need help, and Benzo on and off only make you feel worse. :hug:

I am going cold turkey.

This is my third day. I only slept 2 hours.  I had to go to the hospital because I was throwing up.

I feel scared and miss my brother.

Last night I slept for 2 hours and then 1chour.  I had to go to the hospital because icwascthrowing up black stuff.  The results were good and it wasn't blood.  I am tired and anxious.  O called my doctors office and told them I was having anxiety that I ran out of pols.  I told them I want to quit the pills.  I think the doctor will cut me off because he will find out I took extra pills.  It is scary all the withdrawl effects.  He gave me one Ativan because he seen I was anxious.

I miss my btothers support and hope his girlfriend let's me stay there again.

I don't feel well from detoxing.  I only slept three hours last night.  I had to go to the hospital yesterday as I was throwing up.  I had tests done and I was okay.  I thing I am cut off because I contacted the doctors office and told them I was out of pills because I took extra. I said I wanted to quit.  It will upset me to be cut off because I want a choice.

Dom, can't your doc maybe give you some Valium instead and then you can try to taper off that?  It's got a longer half-life.  How can the doc just yank you off the pills?  No one should cold turkey from any benzo's.

Dom, no one is deleting your posts.  They would only edit them if needed, I believe.  Maybe you are accidentally deleting them yourself.

This is my third day cold turkey.  I was so exausted I slept 3 or 4 hours.  I feel anxious and need some Ativan.  I am having severe withdrawals.

I think I have been cut off the pills because I called the doctors office and told them I ran put of pills.  They asked me why.  I said I had been taking extra pills.

I said I wanted to be taken off the sleeping pills.

I want it to be my choice thow .

i didnt slept well for 18 days CT,i was cryin ,im still in terrible WD. constant adrenaline rushes,panic attacks,intense anxiety,severe DPDR. its all caused by the doctors,they dont know what they give to ppl,they do more harm than success. never ever take benzos. time will heal you. dont take pills. you're severely addicted,maybe you need to take it for your entire life. just keep walking.

Hi Dom81,

Your posts aren't being deleted, we've told you before that it's best to keep your posts in a single thread so you can keep track of your progress, there is no need to start a new topic for each day of your cold turkey.

Pamster