Author Topic: Does the substitution phase from A to V need to be weekly or can it be longer  (Read 422 times)

[Buddie]

I take 3 doses 1mg A + the 5mg V in the morning, afternoon, and evening.
In the next stage i need to go to 2.5mg Ativan and 20mg Valium.
I was going to change to : 1mg A + 5mg V , 1mg A + 5mg V, .5mg A and 10 mg V in the evening.
I was worried about lowering the Ativan in the evening.
A 3rd possibility would be to change the am dosage and split the 5mg Valium between am and evening.
I don't like the feeling of too much Valium in the day.
 Morning: .5mg A 7mg V,  Afternoon: 1mg A + 5mg V Evening: 1mg A + 8mg V.
I just worry if I would feel withdrawal in the morning from the Ativan reduction.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

I can see you have a difficult decision, feel uncomfortable during the day or risk your sleep.  I hope you can find a path that works for you but I also hope you won't stress too much over this decision because stress can cause increased symptoms. 

Crossing over and tapering isn't easy but you've chosen the method that will hopefully insure your success.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.