NURTEC ODT (rimegepant sulfate) anybody? for head pressure, migraines

[Kl...]

I am considering trying this as a PRN medication for this ongoing pressure headache, numbness, tingling on my left side head/face.  I have been assured that it is not a GABA agonist in any way.  Although my sxs are getting better continually, it would be nice to find something for occasional use that is safe. 

Anybody?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or experience.

Klonkar

It is not a benzo. Who assured you it has no effect on GABA receptors? Was this suggested by a doctor or some lay person who had the same issue that was helped by this? Your signature says you have been off benzos for over 2 years now. Is this " ongoing pressure headache, numbness, tingling on my left side head/face" a lingering remnant of your benzo withdrawal that has never resolved for you?

Hi everyone  l am trying to get off of Oxycodone and klonopin.  I was on 1.5mg of klonopin and now am on 1.0mg . I did this pretty quickly within 2 weeks.  But when tapering another 1/4 of a .5 mg which is an 1/8th the withdrawals were terrible. So l went back to 1mg of klonopin and have decided to get rid of the Oxycodone first. I am on 30mg of Oxycodone down from 40mg all prescribed by a doctor one prescribed the klonopin the other Oxycodone.  I have been on klonopin for2 months . Oxycodone  several times and tapered off each time. But klonopin is a terrible drug l am really scared off a way to get off  l have read so many horror stories on this site and many others. I have been forcedto  retire after 35 years of teaching because of an illness that has forced me to take both of these drugs. But l can't quit and won't. Please someone give me advice as what to do. I will get off the oxycodone first.  But how in the hell do l get off the klonopin. Any  advice is appreciated.  I need your help thank you in advance  Walkingman  😥

Antibenzo7: 

I know Murtec is not a benzo!!  My MD neurologist is the doctor that assured me that it was not a GABA agaonist and that it worked on other neuroreceptors. 

I am actually 32 months off 2 mg a day of clonazepam for over 15 years.  And yes, I have had a continual acute migraine or pressure headache as some members refer to i,t for almost ten years.  It started with the use of a Z-pack antibiotic required for a dental procedure.  It's taken me a while to figure out what the cause was but I avoid AB's like the plague now.  So, yes, all of the symptoms I mentioned above are ongoing.

The M.D. neurologist is the one who has prescribed this medicine and she has assured me that it is in no way a GABA agonist; that it works on different receptors altogether. 

The best thing I've found to reduce these HA's is sticking to a low glutamine diet.  For me gluten is he worse, followed by soy, corn and dairy products.  I think this type of diet would benefit everyone who is withdrawing from a benzos as glutamine is certainly an excitotory substance.  Look at MSG for example; the worst of the worst for us, iMO.

Again, just checking to see if anybody had tried NURTEC.  Thanks for your thoughts.

Klonkar

• 2 months later...
[c2...]

Hey Klonkar:

I recall reading your posts a while back and you were having these pressure headaches etc.

Have you ever been evaluated for idiopathic intracranial hypertension??

I seem to have all the signs.

I had read that benzos decrease CSF, so it makes sense if it increases when we get off.

Same thing with histamine/MCAS. They are mast cell stabilizers, so you take them away, get histamine issues.

Anyway, just trying to figure out the pressure headaches and seeing if people had been diagnosed with IHH. I have also been diagnosed with POTS, and it seems that they go together.

Thanks.

Winnie

• 3 weeks later...

Winniedog:

Interesting thought, idiopathic intracranial hypertension.  I do know that soon after I took the Z-pack and encountered spinal meningitis like sxs, my intraocular pressure went sky high and I was medicated to bring that down.  I know they are related.  I am seeing a neurologist on Friday, so I will ask pertinent questions. 

I feel much better away from high histamine foods and high glutamic acid foods.  That's just a fact in my world. 

Thanks for your thoughts!!

Klonkar