DPDR issues

[Pl...]

I had some DP/DR but I was a long-time benzo user.  I had it some as I tapered and for a few months afterward.  At 18 months out, I almost never have it but I've noticed that it only happens how when I am stressed or over-tired.

Supplements can be tricky, what might work for one person won't for another so if you do decide to try something, only add one at a time to see how you're going to react.  Our central nervous system is highly sensitized while going through this so approach with caution.  You can start a thread on this board or do a search to see what may have helped other members although I've never heard of a supplement helping with DPDR issues.  Alternative Therapies & Supplements

Time is the most reliable tool we have to get through this.

Hey there!

DR and DP is Very common. I was on benzos for 6 months then rapid and CT. It wasn't my biggest symptom, but when I did have it it went away around month 3 or 4. So definitely didn't last. But it is weird, because it will be the biggest symptom for one person and last longer, and then not big or long at all for someone else.

The only common thing is.....that it can go away! Yay! :smitten:

i was on benzos for 2-3months at all. low dose. not high doses. so it will go away faster in my case? my only relief if i do workout.

Hey PL.  I can relate.  Our minds are trying to process the trauma we are going through with the withdrawals.  It feels terrible right now but it will go away over time.

Here are a few things that help ground me and bring me back to reality. 

-Look around the room and count or name the items you see.

-Use one or more of your five senses, noticing every detail.

-Keep your eyes moving, noticing everything,  to stop yourself from zoning out.

-Slow your breathing—or take long, deep breaths—and pay attention as you inhale and exhale.

-Meditation, eyes open, focusing on each part of your body

-Reach out to a friend and ask them to keep talking to you.

They dont always work especially when I am in the middle of a wave.  But they do help even then.

thanks brother! i feel delirium or just DPDR? my short term memory is totally fried. i act like who has dementia or something. its normal? im pretty ready for survival. but its totally bs. help me my friend. am i feel delirium? i dont want to die like this. a pure dishonour for me.

pure f'in torture!!! i just have thought about delirium. how can i separate delirium or DPDR? i know its WD. but how can i know which one i suffer?

i have massive flashes in my memories. one of my fellow friends committed suicide in the past,i took him down from the rope. i never had PTSD or anything,but sure now im does. the sensitivity to these feelings drive me nuts. so i have memory flashbacks just like a slideshow and i have pure hell maniac episodes.

i have massive flashes in my memories. one of my fellow friends committed suicide in the past,i took him down from the rope. i never had PTSD or anything,but sure now im does. the sensitivity to these feelings drive me nuts. so i have memory flashbacks just like a slideshow and i have pure hell maniac episodes.

PlatoonLeader, you've been cautioned about discussing self harm and while you're not discussing your intentions, this is very triggering and upsetting to our members.  Please be kind to your fellow BenzoBuddies members who are hurting just as much as you are.  Revised Policy Concerning Suicide, Self harm and Threatening Behavior

It is all very normal.  Do what you can to get to the next hour/the next day.  If you can find someone to talk to - a therapist, a friend - that can also help.

pure f'in torture!!! i just have thought about delirium. how can i separate delirium or DPDR? i know its WD. but how can i know which one i suffer?

It doesn't really matter what we call it, its a normal symptom and it will leave when you recover.  What would be a better tactic right now is to give these symptoms less power over you, concentrating on them isn't helping but distracting yourself from them can.

so what i feel is normal? thanks for the answer guys. im very very very confused i even swap words. i cant remember things. my brain is full blown.

so  dont need to go to ER. i was several times. even before this week. blood tests fine heart fine. i just never had neurological test. the delirium like depersonalization feeling is normal and the severe headache and the severe fatigue?

im still losing my bone density. too much adrenaline released. im pretty sure i became dement.

I don't see how this is possible after only a couple of months using the drug and 12 days off of it, it looks to me like the fear this drug produces is working overtime on you and you're listening to it.  It's time to tell the fear to take a hike, you're not going to listen to it's garbage any longer.  You're stronger than this fear, keep telling yourself that.

im stronger my brother. or there are some neurological problems? it was really a short time taking benzos.  i just simply cant sleep. when i close my eyes i become dizzy.

im stronger my brother. or there are some neurological problems? it was really a short time taking benzos.  i just simply cant sleep. when i close my eyes i become dizzy.

One of the (many) things I told myself when I was not sleeping was this:  the body will sleep when it gets tired enough.  I finally fell into a pattern of dismal sleep one night and practically passing out the next one or the one after that.  When I quit doing battle with this and finally accepted it, it began to gradually improve.  Acceptance and time were the healers.

so if i get tired i will just fall asleep? because this DPDR state is interesting.... its not coma or something? my CNS is fried up.