Bed ridden and disoriented

[ra...]

It's been over a week since I had any valium I stopped cold turkey at 7.5mgs I have been bed ridden and yesterday everything got even worse from 24 hour panic attacks to vision issues crushing fatigue and feeling like I'm going in psychosis. I'm about to go to the er... Even tho it's a 50 50 they will do anything. In super rough shape

You should probably go back on your previous dose for about

2 weeks or until you feel better,

and then start a slow slow slow taper starting at 5mg

I'm not a Dr though, but cold turkey is asking for

Lots of problems and can be super dangerous.

Be sure to eat and drink adequate amounts of water

Maybe some vitamin c supplements? I am bedridden myself and trying to pull out

Of it any way I can with not much help. I'm still on 5mg valium 2xa day and in this shape... I can barely eat due to swollen stomach and my muscles are super weak... it's rough.

Hang in there, God bless and make sure to at least talk to a Dr about

How you are feeling, especially if you are that disoriented

You are in my prayers

Hey hang in there because I'm feeling alot better now I ended up going to the ER called an ambulance and they gave me 2 mgs of Ativan! and I'm feeling alot better. What I went through and for u I'm sure it's the same thing it's just withdrawal these drugs hit so hard. I went over a week and half cold turkey from 7.5 mgs of valium and I was a mess and so disoriented. Bed ridden, my gf begging me to go to the er and I wanted to but I couldn't leave the house and I was picturing how bad it would freaking out in the state I was in at the hospital with the other people in the waiting room watching and the derealisation and everything was horrible.... But I called an ambulance and yah I was in rough shape they brought to the back in a bed and Gave me 2 mgs of Ativan and I recovered quite well.... So yeah taper nice and slow your right. Because I was buzzing and twitching and on the verge of psychosis....hang in there and just know it's withdrawal and chisel away at nice small doses and about every month make a cut! Thanks for the reply this can be done. How are u holding up today?

im feeling cortisol rushes,DPDR,rollercoaster of any kind of emotions,not bedridden,but im doing exercises. this is my 10th day CT. the ER cant force you to go to psych ward or anything? you have the right to choose or ? because i am a soldier,and i never want to go to mental hospital. im just waiting the effects out at home. there is no other option for me. i did CT. but i didnt took that much. 2-3months isnt that much time.

Hey hang in there because I'm feeling alot better now I ended up going to the ER called an ambulance and they gave me 2 mgs of Ativan! and I'm feeling alot better. What I went through and for u I'm sure it's the same thing it's just withdrawal these drugs hit so hard. I went over a week and half cold turkey from 7.5 mgs of valium and I was a mess and so disoriented. Bed ridden, my gf begging me to go to the er and I wanted to but I couldn't leave the house and I was picturing how bad it would freaking out in the state I was in at the hospital with the other people in the waiting room watching and the derealisation and everything was horrible.... But I called an ambulance and yah I was in rough shape they brought to the back in a bed and Gave me 2 mgs of Ativan and I recovered quite well.... So yeah taper nice and slow your right. Because I was buzzing and twitching and on the verge of psychosis....hang in there and just know it's withdrawal and chisel away at nice small doses and about every month make a cut! Thanks for the reply this can be done. How are u holding up today?

I oddly got about 7hrs of fitful sleep, way more than usual though…. EXTREMELY weird dreams, woke up and actually felt tired again, slept another hour or so, but then woke up with racing heart and kinda panicky… calmed down a little and im getting ready to take my morning dose of 5mg V, which usually doesnt help much at all because I havent managed to stabilize after a month of being on this dose. Still have horrible gut issues (diarrhea) and cant really seem to bounce back enough to get out of bed and walk… I mean I could walk but I know I would be so weak that I would probably lose balance.

Hope you continue to feel okay and your progress continues safely

it is normal to feel DPDR after CT? i didnt take benzos for that long. no more than 3months. its a hell of a rollercoaster. how much time i'll need to recover?

[quote author=ranbojan link=topic=264674.msg3337441#msg3337441 date

I oddly got about 7hrs of fitful sleep, way more than usual though…. EXTREMELY weird dreams, woke up and actually felt tired again, slept another hour or so, but then woke up with racing heart and kinda panicky… calmed down a little and im getting ready to take my morning dose of 5mg V, which usually doesnt help much at all because I havent managed to stabilize after a month of being on this dose. Still have horrible gut issues (diarrhea) and cant really seem to bounce back enough to get out of bed and walk… I mean I could walk but I know I would be so weak that I would probably lose balance.

Hope you continue to feel okay and your progress continues safely

That's really normal getting tons of sleep but waking up tired still. It's the withdrawal I'm the same way....maybe you taper down to quickly ? Maybe go up to 12mg or something to stabilize... I'm not sure what dose u dropped from? If it's something like 15mgs daily to 10mgs daily I'd say that's to much. Could explain alot. But being bed ridden and feeling terrible like this. It's withdrawal I was bedridden multiple times including the day before yesterday ish from to much of a drop off these meds. They literally cause such a dependence issue it's scary and u haveto taper slowly  it really sucks but I got.doqn to 7.5mgs star.from 30mgs of V. Deffinitley took a good8 months. Even than I might have gone to fast. These drugs drain you and u have to keep going through the motions until your off and heal. What was your dose before 10 mgs daily?

it is normal to feel DPDR after CT? i didnt take benzos for that long. no more than 3months. its a hell of a rollercoaster. how much time i'll need to recover?

3 months is a good amount of time all it takes is being on these for 1 month and you're dependent and will have issues. Dp and Dr are very common with these drugs I never had it until I took them. I'm still tapering so it hasent left me but for u it can take months to maybe a year but slowly things should improve. It's a really scary symptom feeling like ur in a dream like state but you have to wait it out until your GABA receptors upregulate and unfortunely that takes a while with these drugs because of how toxic they are to the brain

I went c/t from valium in 2009 and had a ton of side effects for nearly 6 months

I didnt know what was going on, hundreds of trips to drs and ers

Never told them i had went c/t because I thought i was already through it and

Off of it…. Going c/t is hard, very hard and I foolishly ended up going back onto Valium

Because I suddenly started having facial dystonia on right side of face and i knew that was

Related to nerves so i thought “oh i know! I’ll take valium again” and took it off until present

Biggest mistake of my life cause now its 2022 and im fighting to feel alive at all on 10mg a day

(5mg morning, 5mg evening)

It depends on how long you took it before going c/t but its a rough ride

Im looking at a year long slow taper this time because looking back to 2009

I didnt know who i was or where i was and had paranoia and every side effect

You could think of. I didnt have a single good day in 6 months hence going back onto the V

Which was a terrible choice, cause i could have went and sought help to learn to deal with

The craziness i was feeling… instead stupid me went back on the drug….

So yeah you are going to feel very out of it and be thinking weird ect

Its your brain trying to heal. Seek help from a dr and psychiatrist for a professional opinion

You were only taking them for 3 months so i would say get out and stimulate your brain as much as possible and never, ever go back no matter what unless you are at risk of seizure

But remember my advice is just my own personal opinion, cant replace

The advice of a good therapist or dr

I wish you luck and healing, God bless

You can do it.

thanks brother. i went CT. my worst symptom is the DPDR. i am functional. i never take benzos again. i have just one choice,to stick with my CT route. its the 12. 14.day i dont remember. your opinion is to stick to this way,right? i dont want to go to psych dr. i dont want to get discharged from the army for banal reasons. never had mental health issues. still dont have. its just the gaba.

thanks brother. i went CT. my worst symptom is the DPDR. i am functional. i never take benzos again. i have just one choice,to stick with my CT route. its the 12. 14.day i dont remember. your opinion is to stick to this way,right? i dont want to go to psych dr. i dont want to get discharged from the army for banal reasons. never had mental health issues. still dont have. its just the gaba.

How long did you take it before going c/t?

2-3 months. no more. and not high doses. and .5 klonopin. 10mg medazepam. 0,25 alprazolam. i didnt took them that much. very low prescribed doses. it is there a possibility that i survived a brain seizure or anything? coz i didnt felt myself having seizure. just a brain zap. electricity

2-3 months. no more. and not high doses. and .5 klonopin. 10mg medazepam. 0,25 alprazolam. i didnt took them that much. very low prescribed doses. it is there a possibility that i survived a brain seizure or anything? coz i didnt felt myself having seizure. just a brain zap. electricity

I dont think you had a seizure, i think you just need to take it day by day since you werent on a big dose for very long at all… if you feel too weird though, you may want to get checked out at the ER or maybe have an army doc take a look and see what he thinks. C/t is hard on you but where you havent been taking it very long I think you just might feel weird for a while. Im not a professional though so please dont take my word as 100% correct. My situation is way different than yours. Ive been on them a long time unfortunately

i feel its better and better everyday, but now i have severe fatigue,and still adrenaline surge. im detached from my body. its not dangerous? i am not aware of my surroundings. its like a mental breakdown. i was in the ER many times my heart is ok everything is nice. except the brain,they didnt did brain scans or anything related to this. so it can be only the benzos i guess.