Constant Nausea

[op...]

Hi friends,

Five weeks after going off of 2mg/diazepam in May (and 3.75mg Remeron), I found myself in the ER for a stomach that completely shut down and extreme nausea and tachycardia. I believed it was related to withdrawal but the doctors did not. I was eventually diagnosed with SIBO and gastroparesis. The worst symptom has been unrelenting nausea.

I foolishly reinstated the diazepam over the summer to help with the nausea. Then, was prescribed lorazepam to help with the nausea. It did help but only for very short periods of time, so I went back to the low-dose diazepam and now trying to get off it completely.

I need help with the nausea. It, along with severe adrenal rushes, has taken over my life and work.

The only thing that helps is actually throwing up, which I can't do because I have already lost so much weight.

Has anyone else dealt with this debilitating nausea? How long did it last? What can you do to help it? I've tried all the prescription drugs. The only one that helps a little is reglan, which they won't keep me on b/c of the black box warning.

I can barely leave my house because of this. I welcome any advice.

Thank you so much.

I've seen members mention Zofran, I don't know if it works for everyone but have you tried eating ginger, peppermint, acupuncture or acupressure?  What about medical cannabis, they give this to chemo patients?

I'm having horrendous stomach issues too.  I suck on raw ginger and that helps some.  It seems to help the gastroparesis, gets the stomach to move the contents into the small intestine.  It also stimulates the liver and gall bladder.  It can sometimes change my stomach pain into actual hunger, which is useful when you've lost too much weight. 

I was terribly nauseated during my taper. Ginger tea helped a lot. When things got really bad, a Zofran was a lifesaver.

Also, pressing on the the accupressure point called P-6 or Neigan was immensely helpful. This article shows you where it is:

You can buy anti-nausea wristbands at Amazon. They work by putting constant pressure on the "vomit spot". I wore them often.  Just type "anti-nausea wristbands" into the Amazon search bar.

Lastly, I used indica marijuana. I vaped it -- just a puff. That was EXTREMELY helpful. I figured if it takes away nausea for chemo patients, it would help me. And it did. I got immediate relief. Also it gave me the munchies which was great as I had lost 40 pounds.

Hope one of these ideas helps.

Katz

Thanks, everyone. I have Zofran, but it doesn't work for me. I have the wristbands. I'm doing acupuncture. I have tried phenergan and dramamine and just bought emetrol. The emetrol seems to have taken the edge off (though I don't love that it's all sugar - no bueno for SIBO. I also have been using iberogast. I have done both peppermint and ginger tea but I haven't tried sucking on raw ginger - I will try it! I've been afraid to use mj because I'm also getting palpitations, and in the beginning of this ordeal, it made the palpitations worse - but I will try it! I'm desperate.

I am at a complete loss as to how to deal with this. I appreciate all of your responses!

I'm having horrendous stomach issues too.  I suck on raw ginger and that helps some.  It seems to help the gastroparesis, gets the stomach to move the contents into the small intestine.  It also stimulates the liver and gall bladder.  It can sometimes change my stomach pain into actual hunger, which is useful when you've lost too much weight.

sage,

thanks for this advice. sucking on raw ginger has been helpful. i hope your stomach issues are improving.

sage,

thanks for this advice. sucking on raw ginger has been helpful. i hope your stomach issues are improving.

I'm glad it's helping!  My stomach had improved over the past couple days, but I got hit hard with GERD tonight and can't sleep.  So discouraging!  Have had a piece of ginger lodged in my cheek all night and it's only thing keeping me out of utter misery.