Constant zero nights since covid I’m scared

[Sh...]

I had to have a 1/2 unisom the night before last as I was so unwell and the constant insomnia was making me feel worse. Every night I have been awake since covid. Please tell me it will stop x I can’t take any more

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sh...]

• [sa...]

• [An...]

• [Be...]

I didn't know you had Covid. I must have missed that. I am getting my booster today, as so many have had Covid that I know. Take your Unisom, if you need to. Whatever it takes. Hang in there! It will get better. Your brain has lots of healing to do. I'm on your side! Thinking about you and praying for you.

You got this!

HM

I decided not to get vax because my body has been thru enuf. I’ve lost trust in drs I’m afraid. I knew I’d get it but I didn’t expect my sleep to get worse. I really can’t take much more

I decided not to get vax because my body has been thru enuf. I’ve lost trust in drs I’m afraid. I knew I’d get it but I didn’t expect my sleep to get worse. I really can’t take much more

Do you have the Omicron variant Shayna? Unless you start running a really high temp. or start having trouble breathing, you should  recover with little difficulty. You just feel crappy for 5-10 days.

I am still on the fence about the vaccines, even tho I have been fully vaccinated and boosted.

PS - COVID will disrupt your sleep. This is mostly what I hated about it.

[2a...]

Even healthy people are running some pretty serious risks with those shots, so I don't think you would have fared better if you took them. It would have been likely that the shots would have affected your sleep.

In general, the medical establishment is a bunch of effin' morons, but most are not malicious, just ignorant. The pharma companies? Well that's a different story.

[2a...]
I am still on the fence about the vaccines, even tho I have been fully vaccinated and boosted.

At this point it doesn't matter anymore. My folks got the shots. All we can do now is hope nothing nefarious happens, but I am mentally prepared for the worst.

Yep, you are correct. The shots do disrupt your sleep. All 3 shots made me feel bad for 2 days and made sleeping worse. My sleep was already bad prior to even getting the shots.  :'(

I’m just so weak from being sick and with no sleep I am seriously not coping.I had to wake my husband up this morning to sit with me snd I haven’t done that in months . I get very lonely sitting in the dark on my own. This has been happening 3 years now so when it gets really bad so far out I start thinking I’m never going to get better. I’m just devastated

Do you have the Omicron variant Shayna? Unless you start running a really high temp. or start having trouble breathing, you should  recover with little difficulty. You just feel crappy for 5-10 days.

PS - COVID will disrupt your sleep. This is mostly what I hated about it.

I don’t really know what variant it is but I’m assuming so as it’s the only one out government are talking about x I’m on day 8 now

So sorry Shayna...It sucks to be setback after some visible progress....But you will soon get back to baseline..Hang in there.... Praying for you buddy..

Bexlan

Thanku bex  :'(

I hope I get back there really soon x

I think I’m going to have to take unisom for a bit again to get some sleep. This anxiety and depression is taking me off the rails.

I hope ur doing well bex ❤️

[2a...]

I tried a half Unisom a few weeks ago just for #%#^ and giggles, to see what it would do. It did make me drowsy, but hardly made a dent in my sleep (I did not get any extra Deep or REM sleep out of it). The only advantage was a slightly faster sleep onset.

My point is that if half a Unisom is giving you sleep, then that means you are this close to being back to being able to sleep normally. Are you 100% sure that the fear of not sleeping isn't what's keeping you awake? This is why I asked in the other thread to see the FitBit stats (heart rate is a good indicator to measure this). But on the other hand, I don't want to be pulling teeth.

From my personal experience, a 3mg time released Melatonin is more effective for me than 1/2 a Unisom tab. Both make me equally drowsy, but the Melatonin actually gives me more Deep and REM sleep. I don't want to be "that" guy, but have you tried a time released Melatonin, at least to see if it does anything?

I know ur trying to help andros and I appreciate it. But it’s not the anxiety of not being able to sleep. I get to that just before sleep zone but it’s impossible sometimes for me to drop below that. It’s like my brain can’t take me to that next step. I’ve had moments where I think ok what else can I do to break this, I do absolutely everything every day to best at this. I even went back to work when I’m far from better to distract even more. I walk, I do everything that’s expected of me. I try every day. I wish I could show u a picture of my Fitbit from last night. It was very very bad. I even tell myself that I slept even if i know I didn’t. I can tell because of how bad I feel

I'm crying right now thinking about what you are suffering, Shayna.  I know the hell very well.  I'm so, so sorry!  You will start sleeping again.  It's still very early days.  I wish I could take it away for you right now.  I hate this virus with all my heart and all my soul!!!  :tickedoff:

:therethere::hug: :hug: :hug:

[2a...]

I know ur trying to help andros and I appreciate it. But it’s not the anxiety of not being able to sleep. I get to that just before sleep zone but it’s impossible sometimes for me to drop below that. It’s like my brain can’t take me to that next step. I’ve had moments where I think ok what else can I do to break this, I do absolutely everything every day to best at this. I even went back to work when I’m far from better to distract even more. I walk, I do everything that’s expected of me. I try every day. I wish I could show u a picture of my Fitbit from last night. It was very very bad. I even tell myself that I slept even if i know I didn’t. I can tell because of how bad I feel

I understand, and know exactly what that feels like. It's actually a lot like when you take just enough caffeine beyond your tolerance level, so that you feel completely normal, nothing wrong, and you actually still do feel tired, but when you go to bed, nothing happens. You stay in that middle ground of "half awake/half asleep" zone. I went thru so many days like that, I remember the feeling vividly.

FitBit is a useful tool, but it has to be interpreted properly. It WILL pickup that half stage of sleep as "light sleep". And it will even pick up that weird "waking REM" sleep as "REM" (when you are semi-conscious, but still dreaming like a mad man).

I have the FitBit Versa. And I have the extra paid service to give you more stats (effin' thieves!). So I get to see: Sleep stages (Deep, Light, REM), and I get to see oxygen levels, heart rate, and snoring/ambient noise. It all has to be interpreted properly to know if you're actually sleeping.

I also know the feeling, at least for me, of not sleeping anything VS sleeping a little bit. Examples:

1. Zero sleep = The entire day I don't feel "tired", but my body and head feels like its in "shock". Usually no headaches for me here, not that it makes it any better, lol

2. 1hr sleep = almost identical but reduced + added headache.

3. 2hr sleep = a little less "shock" but now feel tired + headaches

4. 3hr sleep = no "shock", but tired, and headaches feel like migraines.

I could keep going, but I usually look at Deep Sleep, Heart Rate vs resting rate, and snoring as indicators of sleep.

Example: If you were snoring, 90% chance you were sleeping. If your heart rate was 5 points lower than your resting rate, 90% chance you were sleeping (even if just light sleep). Usually a good chunk of deep sleep (for me, over 1hr of it) means you feel decent, even if you only got 5hr total sleep. I've had nights where I get 4hr, but Deep was 1.5hr, and I wake up "almost" feeling well. I've also had nights where I get 9hr total sleep, but Deep was only 30min, and I feel terrible that day, like I only slept 4hr.

I mention this because a HUGE factor for me to get better was comparing my old sleeping patterns (from 2-3 years ago) to my post-Zop sleeping patterns. Watching my sleep improve even just a little bit every week, actually lowered my stress and gave me hope, which in turn, was positive feedback when going to bed.

But on to my original question, have you tried a time released Melatonin? It's possible that it works for you now?

Sorry no I haven’t andros. Do u mean circadin? No x just supp melatonin which does sweet FA

My heart rate is already very low 55bpm. But around 2 am it was at 50 but I know I was awake then because there was a huge storm

It will stop. COVID causes lots of people transient, but bad insomnia

Thanku x I just want my baseline back at this point. It wasn’t much but it was something x

I'm crying right now thinking about what you are suffering, Shayna.  I know the hell very well.  I'm so, so sorry!  You will start sleeping again.  It's still very early days.  I wish I could take it away for you right now.  I hate this virus with all my heart and all my soul!!!  :tickedoff:

It’s savage  :'(

I’ve had enough.

I'll jump in with my 2 1/2 cents' worth here. Having tried every sleep aid known to woman over the years, I'm using something that is (at least for the time being) giving me decent results --200  mgs of L-theanine. It makes it possible for me to just ooze into sleep. Nothing dramatic, just slipping down the slope into zzzzzs. And it seems to keep me asleep. Also, no crappy hangover in the morning.

Maybe worth a try?

Katz

It’s savage  :'(

I’ve had enough.

Savage is a perfect word for it! 

I think I recommended tryptophan to you. Theanine is a new one for me. I did a little work on tryptophan and decided I didn't need more serotonin my my brain lol. Besides it was making me feel way too ommmmmmm the next day. Theanine seems okay.

Best,

Katz

I’ve had quite a lot of this in my withdrawal.

It’s no fun. One of my least favorite symptoms. Had brain zaps and myoclonic jerks every time I dozed off. I’m sorry you’re dealing with it now. The only thing to do is wait it out and try not to mind it too much. When I was unable to sleep, I’d just accept it and be grateful that I wasn’t in extreme pain. That always made me feel better.

One of these nights, you’ll sleep without any problems and all of this will be in the past.