Really struggling.

[Mi...]

Just when I think I’m starting to feel better, or have a good window, it starts to feel relentless. Most of the REALLY bad symptoms seem to have gone away for the most part. I still have air hunger and what feels like a zip tie around my rib cage and right where my stomach meets my chest, like there’s something sitting inside there, among some other symptoms like burning skin and flushing.

The worst part of it all for me though, is the sense of uneasiness. It feels like I’m always having to force my jaw to relax, otherwise it will tense up and get really sore. Then it feels like I’m constantly worried, or like something bad is going to happen. All day, every day. I had really bad insomnia for the first two months, and only for around ten days has it gotten better (up to 6 hours of sleep a night). It’s just unrelenting.

Has anyone else experienced the constant, unsettling feeling? It’s not a panic attack, but it feels like you might have one at any moment. Maybe it’s just me, but it has me incredibly hopeless that it will ever go away, and I’ll feel normal again. I keep crying and telling my s/o that I just can’t do it anymore. That I’m not going to make it, because I’m not strong enough.

Hi MissAria

Sorry it’s taking so long It will go away with more time.  I had this feeling and it’s common. You have to be patient for a little while longer.    I know it feels impossible, but it really does get better.    Just keep putting one foot in front of the other, eat healthy and eventually you will feel better. 

Have you read the Ashton Manual?  It's helpful because it lists a lot of benzo withdrawal symptoms. 

The Ashton Manual

Hang in there

Magrita  :smitten:

Hi MissAria

Sorry it’s taking so long It will go away with more time.  I had this feeling and it’s common. You have to be patient for a little while longer.    I know it feels impossible, but it really does get better.    Just keep putting one foot in front of the other, eat healthy and eventually you will feel better. 

Have you read the Ashton Manual?  It's helpful because it lists a lot of benzo withdrawal symptoms. 

The Ashton Manual

Hang in there

Magrita  :smitten:

I don’t really have a lot of right to complain about how long it’s taking. I’ve only been recovering for two months, which is insanely short compared to other people. Still, it’s hard. It’s the hardest thing I’ve really had to go through, at least physically. I have definitely read the Ashton Manual! It helped me a lot, especially in the beginning since I could finally make sense of everything. Thank you so much for the kind words and support. <3

You have every right to complain, this should not be happening to us.  Try and distract best you can, go for a walk, listen to some calming music. Try anything to take your mind off withdrawal symptoms.

Remember we are stronger than we think.  You will get through this awful process.

Magrita :therethere:

Magrita is right! You can complain about it for sure!!

This is the hardest thing to endure! WD is no joke for sure.

And the feeling you are talking about....yes very common, it will go away. Mine left between the 3 or 4 month off mark. Everyone is different, but at least we know it goes away!

Keep going! You are doing good!!

You have every right to complain, this should not be happening to us.  Try and distract best you can, go for a walk, listen to some calming music. Try anything to take your mind off withdrawal symptoms.

Remember we are stronger than we think.  You will get through this awful process.

Magrita :therethere:

I’ve picked up quite a few old hobbies that I use to enjoy, so I’m trying to keep myself busy with that for the time being, and that seems to be helping quite a bit. I’m going to keep moving forward since that’s really all I can do. This forum has been a huge help for me, for sure. If nothing else, reading other peoples success stories has been inspiring and made my heart very happy.

Really having a hard time mentally, today. I’m worried that I’ll never enjoy the things I loved, ever again. I talked with a therapist and they think I have PTSD, possibly bipolar, on top of agoraphobia. I feel like my brain is too messed up for me to ever be normal again. It’s disheartening and feels so hopeless and dark.

Please know that the labels the therapist wants to give you are all they know, your symptoms fit categories they're familiar with, things they've been taught, something they can look up in a book, something they can medicate.  What we know is this is benzodiazepine withdrawal and recovery and you can heal from this without being labeled and put on more medication. 

Please trust those of us who have gone before you, you can recover from a cold turkey, those feelings you miss so much will return and you'll be whole again.

Hey there!

I'm glad you able to try and distract with old hobbies! Keep doing that. Like pamster said....don't worry too much about what the therapist says you may or may not have. Withdrawal is a bitch, and makes ANYONE look like they have more mental problems.

As far as not being able to enjoy things again.....

I am here to tell you that you can!!!! I am like one of the biggest people on here that went through hell and came out the other side with the capacity to live life to a new level!!!!

Not only do I enjoy all my old things, but I am enjoying tons of new things as well! I was always an active outgoing person....but now it's like ME times 10  :D