Updated *Not covid!

[ff...]

Flonase is a steroid, and some BBs have reacted very badly to those.  One I know of was on a nasal steroid like Flonase and is now in a severe setback from it.  Just a heads up. 

Not everything is COVID.  There are alot of colds and flus going around now.  I had a congested cough and nasal congestion for a few weeks weeks ago and I don't think it was COVID.  I didn't feel too bad.  I didn't have a fever or lose my sense of taste or smell which are symptoms of COVID.  Just saying this to make everyone feel better and not to fear that it's COVID.  Mine went away in a few weeks.

You can order a rapid antigen test from Amazon, I ordered two last week, they arrived pretty quickly, you can probably overnight them too if you pay a little extra.

Flonase is a steroid, and some BBs have reacted very badly to those.  One I know of was on a nasal steroid like Flonase and is now in a severe setback from it.  Just a heads up.

Thanks sage for the heads up! I only took Flonase once, tonight, since I used to use it and I still have some but I’m thinking I will do some nasal rinse instead with just saline. Now I’m wide awake and hopefully using it once won’t mess me up too badly.  :-\  I should have known but I was just hoping for anything that would help the headaches! Ugh.  :(

I hope it didn't set you back any!  I know the pain is bad.  It will pass on it's own, hopefully sooner rather than later.  I had it in August, but for me it was probably the Delta strain and it was pretty severe.  I'm still trying to recover from the setback it caused.  I hear the strain people are getting now is not as severe as Delta, so hopefully you'll get better much more quickly!

Thanks sage for the heads up! I only took Flonase once, tonight, since I used to use it and I still have some but I’m thinking I will do some nasal rinse instead with just saline. Now I’m wide awake and hopefully using it once won’t mess me up too badly.  :-\  I should have known but I was just hoping for anything that would help the headaches! Ugh.  :(

I hope it didn't set you back any!  I know the pain is bad.  It will pass on it's own, hopefully sooner rather than later.  I had it in August, but for me it was probably the Delta strain and it was pretty severe.  I'm still trying to recover from the setback it caused.  I hear the strain people are getting now is not as severe as Delta, so hopefully you'll get better much more quickly!

:therethere:  thanks sage. You are a trooper! The delta was apparently a very bad strain! I’m sorry you’re dealing with recovering still! I am just laying here feeling like I had a triple espresso and shivering. It’s weird because I don’t have a high fever but the chills and shivering and teeth chattering is annoying.

Yep, definitely sounds like Covid.  So sorry you're suffering!  The first few weeks I felt like I had overdosed on speed or cocaine much of the time.  It was insane!

What is COVID symptom that every one does get?  It's possible I had COVID, but I just stayed home and then within 3 weeks the wet cough and nasal congestion went away.  I didn't have a dry cough.

You can order a rapid antigen test from Amazon, I ordered two last week, they arrived pretty quickly, you can probably overnight them too if you pay a little extra.

Kathy, I checked Amazon already. Everything is unavailable or won’t be shipped until January 31st. I’m going to try to get myself to urgent care tomorrow, but I’m also wondering how important a test is at this point? I want to know if it’s COVID, but all of the local guidelines are saying to stay home and treat symptoms and only go to the ER if they become severe. This is pretty crappy but I’m thankfully not having the emergency symptoms that would send me to the ER, so I’m kinda lost on what I should do at this point other than what I’m already doing.  :-\

Machka, yea I think you're doing all the right things then, the only way that you would benefit from a covid test at this point is probably if you wanted to rule it out once you start to recover and you wanted to make sure that you're negative, but if you're doing fine don't need it, just keep doing whatever you are doing, this nasty bug lasts a while but it does get better. Fast healing to you!