Is it normal to feel withdrawals while crossing over from lorazapam to Diazapam

[gr...]

Hi, Was wondering if it is normal to feel withdrawals while crossing over to Diazapam.  I'm not sure if the problem is because I am not on the  proper dose or if  it is normal to have  withdrawals during this crossover...Any help with be appreciated!!  And if it is normal how long does it take to feel okay?  Thank you!!!

Is your doctor still insisting on that low crossover dose?  It sure sounds like you're undermedicated, some members crossing over complain of feeling sedated, obviously that's not true in your case.

I called again today and told her  I was having withdrawals and her answer was to stay on the lorazapam and  come back in 2 weeks  or go to rehab to detox.  I tried  to switch out one of my  .125 doses with 1mg of the valium but  I am still getting  the withdrawals.  All this stress from these  Drs. are not  helping... I am a wreck.  They are making my life so stressful!! All I do is worry if  I am going  to have enough meds. to do this the right way...

I just don't understand the unwillingness of some doctors to actually help their patients!  I know they deal with a lot of drug seekers which ruins it for everyone else but you want to get off of the drug and do it safely, I'm so sorry this is happening to you.

I have noticed  that they do not like when you  suggest something different than what they say. I told her from day one the  dosage was too low and she told me that this is what she learned in school..... I don't know what to do... The majority of these Drs. have no idea what they  are doing...  She should not have bothered wasting my time switching to diazapam if she was not going to give me the correct dosage. i am just getting messed up more and more by these Drs.  I might have to stay on the lorazapam and try to continue tapering  with that, which has been hell...

• 1 month later...
Gray Cloud it sounds like you have tapered down to a very low dose of the Ativan, enough to cause inter-dose withdrawals every day. I split my doses into 4x a day because Ativan wears off in 6-8 hours. It's a pain because I have to dose at 3 am, but it's worth it not to feel those jitters. I could be wrong, but I would say you are very close to being able to jump off and get through the withdrawals in about 5 or so days and be done. But I am no doctor and I am not off yet myself, so please find a doc who will better assist with this taper if you can. Otherwise, you could try and split the .25 dose into 4 to keep even amounts in your system.