Help! Severe chest pain I'm 35

[ra...]

I jumped off valium at 7.5 mgs. I did a year taper starting Jan 2921 from 25mgs. I have CONSTANT chest pain with erratic breathing for the life of me I always have to think how to breathe it's not on normal like it should be. Tons of derealization and it's a constant battle to slow breathing all day. Even when I'm on benzo there's no relief from this it's really weird.... They basically do nothing for me at this point?? Please anybody can you explain if this is normal or ideas to help

Hey there! I’m so sorry you’re going through this. I’m also 35. I was taking Klonopin short term, off and on for a couple months or so, and when I quit, I also experienced severe chest pain that radiated into my neck, shoulders, and back. I thought I was having a heart attack. I have also read stories from other people who have experienced the same pain as well. I had the breathing issues as well, especially during the first 1-2 week mark.

Obviously I’m not a doctor, so I can’t say what it is for sure, but the first thing that came to mind after reading, is that you’ve built up a tolerance? That’s just what it sounds like to me. Again, I’m not a medical professional of any kind. Just an over obsessive hypochondriac with way too much time on their hands.

I hope your journey gets better, and easier. Mine has been progressively getting easier. I was having the stabbing, gnawing pains in my chest a lot in the beginning, and now (2 months from last dosage), not as much anymore.

Yup I have all those symptoms to feels like you are having a heart attack. I'm not obese or a smoker and I've of course like many gone to the er a bunch of times had chest x rays etc they say I'm fine. Me hitting tolerence withdrawal having these symptoms it's so hard to wrap your head around that it's withdrawal....it sucks to constantly need reeasurance

Yup I have all those symptoms to feels like you are having a heart attack. I'm not obese or a smoker and I've of course like many gone to the er a bunch of times had chest x rays etc they say I'm fine. Me hitting tolerence withdrawal having these symptoms it's so hard to wrap your head around that it's withdrawal....it sucks to constantly need reeasurance

TRUST me, I know about needing constant reassurance. Even after exhibiting all the signs of w/d, and knowing full well what it was, I have still gone and googled every disease known to man and thought, “I wonder if it could be this…”

Yet all these symptoms started at the same time; after my last dose of Klonopin. I’m so sorry you’re going through this. I think the constant worry is something most Benzo warriors go through, and understandably so! It’s frightening! I try to remind myself that bodily sensations and pain aren’t dangerous, they just suck. For me personally, I find that it helps to really focus on something else, just like with my anxiety. The physical pain can make it very hard to do that though, I totally understand.

I hope you start to feel better, soon.