Author Topic: need recommendation for a crossover  (Read 1338 times)

[Buddie]

Re: need recommendation for a crossover
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2022, 10:29:13 pm »
I know you're concerned about prolonging your taper but please for now just concentrate on getting the right dose of Clonazepam so you can get stable.  Tapers are marathons and accepting them as a part of your life is as important as reducing.

A taper is the tool we use to live our lives while we reduce the drug and when I say live your life I mean actually living your life, not your life revolving around the drug or the taper.  This taper will just be a part of your day, not your total focus so accepting this situation and using the drug to mitigate your symptoms while you reduce is the way to look at this.

People are in a hurry and it's understandable but once you're off the drug you won't have it to mitigate your symptoms because I'm sure you're aware there is much healing to be done once the drug has finally been removed.

I know this isn't typical but another member posted something remarkable today and my wish and my hope is that the same will be true for you.

Thoughts on my taper…

I’ve found that my personal taper, 1mg weight removed every 7 to 10 days (.0025 strength), has virtually zero negative affects. Since adopting this taper strategy I have felt a positive affect. The first two to three days after taper I have intermittent sparks of happy thoughts, (on the edge of exhilarating), from my past that seemed impossible to feel before. Then as I progress through to the next taper I come back down from my happy cloud to normal. My gut feeling is that dopamine levels are continuing to perk back up and work normally.

I used to not look forward to tapering…now I do
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: need recommendation for a crossover
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2022, 10:54:17 pm »
Thank you so much for the encouragement and words of wisdom!!   I sure need that now!! :smitten:
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: crossover from lorazepam to clonazepam
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2022, 01:27:52 am »
Hope someone here can help me... My Dr. has switched me from lorazepam to clonazepam. At the moment I am taking .0625 clonazepam and .125 lorazepam. Yesterday I took .125mg lorazepam in the morning and .0625mg clonazepam in the evening. I felt okay. Today I took .0625  clonazepam in the morning and was feeling very anxious and uneasy all day. I took .125 lorazepam this evening and still not feeling so good.
Does it take a while for the clonazepam to build up? Or is it just my body trying to adjust to the clonazepam?  And will things get better? Not sure how to proceed from here. Any help would be appreciated..... :-\

Hi [...]

Yes, Clonazepam does take time to build up in your system. It might not take as long as Valium but it's not instant.

Let's just take a step back and look at your situation.

1) You have been waiting for your doctor's appointment so you could get a long-acting benzo.
2) During this time your taper was on hold
3) You finally get to your doctor but the Valium dose is too low
4) You have to make yet another appointment and then you get K
5) You plan a gradual crossover schedule
6) You start your crossover, the first night of the crossover seems good and you go full out on the crossover

I'm doing this stepwise so you can see you are probably rushing the crossover but also so you can see the rushing part is logical. Gosh, your taper has been on hold for such a long time and then the first night of the crossover went well. It makes sense that with everything happening you would attempt to go faster. So I hope you won't beat yourself up over this.  :smitten:

What I think you need to remember is that a crossover would inevitably have withdrawal/uncomfortableness with it. I mentioned it earlier in this thread. I did not expect you to go through this crossover not having any symptoms at all (it would've happened if you crossed to V as well).

If it were me, I would go back to the original crossover schedule. I suggest tomorrow you start with your Lorazepam dose in the morning again and then continue with K in the evening and we continue with that for a week. Please remember, no expect there will be symptoms present as you crossover. I don't want you to get anxious about these as it will likely increase the intensity of your symptoms.

Also, I don't want you to get upset about rushing and changing the schedule. It happened. I want you to think about this crossover as something that you have chosen and therefore you can manage and face the symptoms. You are in control, not the benzo, not the symptoms. Because you have chosen this path. When we start thinking about our symptoms in an empowering way instead of fearing it, we become mentally more resilient to face it and push through.

Soon this crossover will be in your past and you'll be tapering your way down to zero! You can absolutely do this!  :thumbsup:

[Buddie]

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2022, 01:35:14 am »
Your are so right Jelly!!  I am trying to rush the crossover and I guess I am expecting too much!!  I just thought that since they say clonazepam is so much stronger I might get away without symptoms, not a chance!! LOL!! Thanks for the pep talk and advice!!  I will stick to the original plan!!
I am just so tired of feeling like crap everyday, its so exhausting!!!   Thanks so much Jelly!!! :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2022, 01:45:40 am »
Please stay strong and reach out for support so we can help you get through this!  :hug:

[Buddie]

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2022, 07:11:28 pm »
Not doing so good with this crossover. I feel worse on the clorazepam than I did on the lorazepam. Not sleeping. The clonazepam seems to energize me  and causes a lot of shakiness.  Not sure if I should just go back to the lorazepam and taper from there.. Don't want to stay with the clorazepam too long and get stuck...Help!! :-[

[Buddie]

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2022, 09:18:09 pm »
Is this your 4th day of crossing over?

[Buddie]

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2022, 09:30:35 pm »
I'm sorry you're struggling [...]. I'm currently battling covid and I'm having a tough time so I'm afraid I can't be of much help right now. Hopefully the others will talk you through it. I'm sorry.

[Buddie]

« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2022, 10:59:33 pm »
I'm so sorry Jelly!! Get well soon!! Will be praying for you!!  :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2022, 11:02:55 pm »
Hi [...], Yes I'm on my fourth day...The clonazepam seems to make me hyper and it seems to mess up my head a bit. I can't really describe it, it is just a really weird feeling.  Don't know if I've made a mistake by switching?