Author Topic: need recommendation for a crossover  (Read 1337 times)

[Buddie]

Re: crossover from lorazepam to clonazepam
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2022, 12:44:54 am »
Hi Jelly, Yes I have been cutting the lorazapam and weighing the cuts. I am going to do the same with the Clonazepam.  .125mg of clonazepam is          1/4 and .0625    is 1/8th of the pill.  So I will take .125 lorazapam in morning and take .0625 of clonazepam in the evening.  Then once off the lorazepam I will take .125 of clonazepam once a day.   I am hoping that this will work.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: need recommendation for a crossover
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2022, 12:51:30 am »
Hi [...], Well she wouldn't go up in the dose of diazapam but she did give me clonazepam. She told me to take it the way I think is best as far as the conversion goes. She was very nice about it, which surprised me.    I had told her about the ashton manual last time I was there and she told me that she had read it... I was very surpirsed by that, but she still would not up the dose of the diazapam, so I figured I might as well try the clonazepam. I just hope I am not making matters worse  by switching over to clonazepam. I am hoping it will be easier to taper than the lorazepam which I think is a horrible drug. I know all benzos are horrible but I think lorazepam takes the cake!! Thank you for all of your support with this!!! :smitten:
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2022, 01:19:55 am »
Okay, if you take a quarter Clonazepam and split that in half for your doses, it sounds like you have a solid plan.  :thumbsup:

I have been reading threads on here to see how most people have done this type of crossover and it seems like they've done it the way you describe - first replace the evening dose and then the other dose. I'm not too sure how long you need to hold the evening dose before crossing over the next dose. I know Clonazepam does not take as long as Valium to build up. I'll keep reading and see what I come up with. But it seems you are on the right track. At least you have a starting point now and a method you are comfortable with.

I'm sure you'll feel a lot better on K, hopefully getting rid of the interdose wd. I'm really proud of you for pushing to get another benzo. I know it's not the Valium you wanted, but I still think this will make your journey much easier.  :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2022, 02:05:49 am »
Thank you so much Jelly for all of your help!!!   I really appreciate it!!! :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2022, 03:52:30 am »
So, I've read what feels like a gazillion threads and from my understanding, there's not a single direction for this type of crossover like the Ashton manual. I think you'll probably feel uncomfortable for a while because the Clonazepam is still building up. I'm tempted to suggest to do the crossover also in one week intervals as per the Ashton manual's suggestion for Valium to give you enough time to adjust. My cautious side says rather do this slowly than rush the process.

I see some people who have made this crossover, split their K doses even more to compensate for withdrawal during this process, but you are on such a low dose, I'm not sure if splitting this low dose out over multiple times per day would have the desired effect. That would probably also mean you first need to split your Lorazepam doses and stabilize on those doses first. (I'm just sharing with you what I've read).

It seems to me your suggestion for managing the crossover is the best for your circumstances. What do you feel is the best way forward? 

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2022, 05:19:14 am »
Hi Jelly, Yes I agree I think I will try the .125 lorazapam in the morning and then .0625 clorazapam in the evening for a week and see how that goes. So far so good. I took the lorazapam this morning and this evening I took the .0625 clorazapam  and I'm feeling okay.. It even got rid of the internal vibrations I was constantly having. The one thing I noticed is that I am a little short of breath but I think that could be because I'm a little anxious about this crossover and I hope I am doing the right thing.   Thank you so much Jelly!! You have been a great help!!! :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2022, 05:24:52 am »
I'm so happy things seem to be going well!

I think you have prepared yourself well for this crossover. I would love to see the end of the taper smooth out for you!  :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2022, 05:35:06 am »
Thank you so very much Jelly!!!  :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2022, 04:39:38 pm »
It sounds like you're ready to do this, even if it's not what you were hoping for its good to get the answer so you can get things moving, do you need help?

[Buddie]

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2022, 09:22:49 pm »
Hi [...], I am just worried about going to clonazepam from lorazepam. I don't know if it will make things worse or not. I took the Clonazepam last night .0625 and I seemed okay so this morning I took another .0625 and I  seem okay I just have a little bit of uneasiness, and a little bit of anxiety.  I think tonight I will take .125 of lorazepam.  I just hope I am not prolonging this whole taper and making things worse..   :-\