Author Topic: need recommendation for a crossover  (Read 1336 times)

[Buddie]

need recommendation for a crossover
« on: January 12, 2022, 08:51:41 pm »
Dr. prescribed diazepam to crossover from lorazapam. Not sure how to do the crossover.   Iam on .125 lorazapam  in the morning and .125 lorazapam in the evening. Yesterday I took .125 lorazapam in the morning and 1mg of diazapam in the evening and I felt okay. This morning I took 1mg diazapam and I feel horrible, bad withdrawals. I think I made the mistake of taking the diazapam this morning instead of the lorazapam. Right now I am waiting til this evening to take .125 of lorazapam, hopefully I will feel better... My question is how should I proceed from here. I was thinking of taking .125 of lorazapam in the mornings and 1mg of diazapam in the evenings. Can I do it this way for the entire crossover or do I need to mix it up a bit ?  Thank You!!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: need recommendation for a crossover
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2022, 12:20:09 am »
Iíve asked a member who has experience with substituting diazepam for lorazepam if she would be willing to share her experience. 
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2022, 03:07:02 am »
Thank you [...]!!

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2022, 12:08:48 am »
Do you still need help with this [...]?

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2022, 12:32:18 pm »
Hi [...], Not sure yet? Going back to Drs. this  Thursday to see if she is going to  increase the dosage of the diazapam because the dose she wants me to take is too low. Right now I am back on the  lorazapam.  Hopefully I will know what the heck I am doing come Thursday!!  I am getting so frustrated with these Drs. I  feel like I am in  constant  limbo wasting time...

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2022, 01:22:41 pm »
I hope she's willing to work with you, try not to worry about the time this is taking, its more important to get it right.

[Buddie]

crossover from lorazepam to clonazepam
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2022, 08:23:43 pm »
Hi, Just got back from my Drs. appt. and she has now prescribed me clonazepam  since she was not willing to go up in the Diazapam dosage to the correct conversion that I needed.  Not sure if I am getting myself into more trouble with converting to clonazepam.  If anyone has any advice on how to crossover  it would be greatly appreciated. Also if anyone has converted to clonazapam and successfully tapered off I would sure appreciate some advice and encouragement.
Thank  You!!

[Buddie]

Re: crossover from lorazepam to clonazepam
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2022, 09:22:41 pm »
Well, I think since you're having such dreadful interdose wd, Clonazepam is probably the next best option. What dose Clonazepam did she prescribe and what is the size of the pills?

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2022, 09:50:41 pm »
Hi Jelly, She prescribed the lowest dose .5mg pills. She told me to take what I think is best. which I believe .125 lorazapam is equal to .0625 clonazepam.  Not sure how long I need to cross over for? 
« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 10:30:06 pm by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2022, 11:04:43 pm »
Hi [...]

Yes, I believe the Ashton equivalency is approximately half of clonazepam for your Lorazepam dose. I think before we start looking at a crossover we need to think about how we're going to get lower than a 0.5mg pill. Have you thought of a method you'd feel comfortable with to get to your dose low enough?