Author Topic: Worse before it gets better!  (Read 3210 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Worse before it gets better!
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2022, 06:20:13 pm »
To all you wonderful people, I am sorry to hear about what you are going through.  I am going through the same thing, at 10 months off, so it must be something in the air.  It seems there are a lot of us in the same shape right now, no matter where we are in recovery.  WAY TOO MANY OF US.  I wrote a long reply here about half hour ago and went I went to post it, it got lost.  Don't know what happened.  And I cannot seem to repeat what I wrote.  Just know that your very presence here helps.  I don't know what I would do without you.  We just have to keep moving forward, moving through it, moving past it.  Why is it so hard to believe it will pass?  Please be strong.  We gather our strength from each other.  Love to all.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2022, 06:34:40 pm »
This is a team effort with no one left behind!  We buddies have a strength that we probably never knew we had!  I am proud of myself for surviving this horror story and am thankful to have made so many wonderful friends.....not buddies, but friends🙏😍

Hugs,

GG
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2022, 06:40:57 pm »
I agree with you, [...] and GG. I donít know if I could have made it this far without this forum and the friends Iíve made. Iím grateful for you all.

Thoughts of healing and hugs, [...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2022, 06:44:08 pm »
😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍.

GG

[Buddie]

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2022, 06:44:26 pm »
[...], GG, and [...],

Love you all! We definitely are in this together for the Long Haul and hoping it won't be as long. We need to encourage one another to keep moving forward in this grueling benzo recovery. Hugs to all!

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2022, 11:46:26 pm »
This is a team effort with no one left behind!  We buddies have a strength that we probably never knew we had!  I am proud of myself for surviving this horror story and am thankful to have made so many wonderful friends.....not buddies, but friends🙏😍

Hugs,

GG

:smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2022, 06:56:54 am »
We definitely are in this together, sometimes I wish there was a safe healing sanctuaries for med damaged people to go to and very caring and wise personnel to guide us though this instead of having to isolate and do this all by ourselves. Although I know that the fear of people is real in this one as well and seeing other people struggle can be triggering.

Do you guys experience a kind of urgency during these intense waves that you need to do something to make the situation better? Like your problem solving goes into overdrive trying to figure out what caused it and how to heal it.

I also wonder what is up with the planets or universe atm for so many of us getting slammed hard. Jeez.  :crazy:

[Buddie]

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2022, 02:06:40 pm »
[...],  Sense of urgency, YES!  I even started a topic about that a while back.  I think it's the mental "akathisia".  Don't you hate that we now know all these terms?  We are so benzo-literate.

Something MUST be up with the universe!  I even have a friend who is very sensitive to energy, and she has been feeling the same thing.  An itchy dread.  There is something going on.  How common is it for everyone to be going through the exact same thing at the exact same time, even when we are all at different stages of recovery? 

Hang in there, we have to.  We just have to.  We've got to do this for each other. 

[Buddie]

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2022, 02:51:29 pm »
I think early on I had a very strong sense of urgency to fix myself, to make myself all better, but as the months have dragged on, I actually feel more relaxed about the whole recovery process.....why, because I know that there is no magic bullet that will fix me or make me better!  I am so aware now of the non-linear recovery pattern, that I am reassured that my recovery is happening with no help from me, except for eating well and staying away from alcohol .

Hugs,

GG

[Buddie]

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2022, 02:56:26 pm »
 :smitten:
I think early on I had a very strong sense of urgency to fix myself, to make myself all better, but as the months have dragged on, I actually feel more relaxed about the whole recovery process.....why, because I know that there is no magic bullet that will fix me or make me better!  I am so aware now of the non-linear recovery pattern, that I am reassured that my recovery is happening with no help from me, except for eating well and staying away from alcohol .

Hugs,

GG

:smitten: :smitten: