Author Topic: Worse before it gets better!  (Read 3212 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Worse before it gets better!
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2022, 05:17:27 am »
[...],

You described it exactly. Just feeling so worn out from all these months and have it get this much worse. It's just difficult to deal with at this stage of the game. Would be so wonderful if this was the last intense wave that we have to endure. I keep hoping and praying everyday that things are going to get better. So here's hoping for us, things will start to improve soon. Hugs!

[...]

« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 05:23:22 am by [Buddie] »
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2022, 07:11:57 am »
I'm 3 years off zop, 18 months off AD's, never had Windows, but last few months went through rapid cycling of symptoms, then bad waves where I felt I was in acute again. Also new symptoms appearing, IBS flare ups, and recently getting quite stressful dreams. Things have calmed down the last few days and coping better recently, the damn intrusive thoughts won't budge, but like you hoping it almost has get lot worse before we finally heal. Think mental symptoms seem take longer than physical to go.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2022, 12:09:13 pm »
I find it interesting that many of our symptoms have intensified since we got our Covid vaccines. Just a thought.
Yes Agree.

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2022, 12:37:19 pm »
Interesting thought about physical symptoms versus mental symptoms.  A video of Professor Ashton discussing benzo symptoms and recovery was sent to me yesterday, but I have not watched it.  Another buddy who did said that Professor Ashton suggests that those with physical symptoms take longer to recover!

I will watch it later today and share more of her insights into BWD!

GG

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2022, 04:54:11 pm »
Thank you all for your replies. GG, please share what you see on that video because I have a lot of physical symptoms that are causing me pain as well as the intense chemical fear and depression. Like to know if these physical symptoms are going to be lasting longer. I'm in a really bad way need to pull out of this can barely take it. Thank you and hugs!

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2022, 04:57:25 pm »
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MVoFlGR7Lhs

Here is the link to the video I mentioned yesterday.  I hope you can pull it up.

GG

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2022, 05:11:00 pm »
I guess everyone thinks differently depending on what their symptoms are. Just speaking from personal experience, my physical symptoms eased after a few months, whereas the mental haven't really changed.. I did try AD's as well , also had lot emotional stress last year which I think has delayed recovery. Seems no rhyme nor reason as to why some symptoms take longer to go. Only ever had insomnia before stopping zop, but weirdly that's not too bad, but left me with awful chemical anxiety???

[Buddie]

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2022, 05:21:05 pm »
Thank youGG and [...],

GG,
Looks like I can open the link. I'm going to have to wait till I'm not so sensory overloaded to listen to it. Hopefully later tonight. I really appreciate your sending it. I'm not even able to watch television because of my sensory issues everything has just gotten so bad. Sure hope things let up soon. Glad to hear you're doing better. Hugs!

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2022, 05:22:43 pm »
Feel better, LL!

Hugs,

GG

[Buddie]

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2022, 05:32:05 pm »
Thank youGG and [...],

GG,
Looks like I can open the link. I'm going to have to wait till I'm not so sensory overloaded to listen to it. Hopefully later tonight. I really appreciate your sending it. I'm not even able to watch television because of my sensory issues everything has just gotten so bad. Sure hope things let up soon. Glad to hear you're doing better. Hugs!

[...]
[/quote

They will let up, I have often felt really hopeless, nowhere near healed yet, but am beginning to cope better, and accept things as they are. I could of coped with physical symptoms, but the mental have been crippling at times, been long time but recently have eased a bit, hopefully permanently. Think the horrible waves are all part of healing process. Sure it will ease soon for you. Everyone is different, don't dwell on the fact someone might state physical take longer to go, certainly didn't for me😀
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 05:54:14 pm by [Buddie] »