C/T after less than 2 weeks of Ativan — 4 months update.

[...]

TL;DR: started getting panic attacks due to drinking. Got Ativan prescribed. At first took it to stop panic attacks, but then the panic attacks started on days without Ativan. I stopped cold turkey after taking a total of 10 0.5 mg pills in about 2 weeks.

The first few weeks were hell, and it feels like my mind is erasing how horrible it was. What followed were weeks and months of on and off classic symptoms — headaches, tinnitus, buzzing and tingling hands and feet, cortisol rushes, constant anxiety and panic, gi problems, etc.

Every week and month on average got better and better. I discovered that even decaf triggered me. I experimented with supplements — also discovered that discontinuing magnesium might have helped.

I stayed functional and kept a very healthy lifestyle. I’ve lost about 40 lbs and I’m in the best shape of my life. I run a 5k almost every morning now, which I didn’t think was possible. I don’t desire to drink alcohol but I do miss coffee. Maybe someday I’ll be able to handle decaf again.

Right now I’m either in a very nice window after a week of anxiety wave, or on the final stretch to 100% (let’s hope the latter). I started keto diet — I believe it’s really helping me.

I’m setting no recovery goals — at this point I know this can be a rollercoaster. All I can do is just continue living a healthy life.

Good luck everyone — time really is a healer.

What a great update kzw, I didn't expect to see such wonderful news, you just made my day!  I so appreciate the fact that you're not setting recovery goals, because let's face it, we have almost no control over this process so good on you!  :smitten:

• 2 weeks later...
Great to read your progress report KZW!  We are on similar paths with short term usage.  Good message to inspire others that follow behind us.