Anxiety from covid medicine?

[Mi...]

Hi guys,

I’m new/old here. My old user name was Miti and I didn’t come here for many years and I’ve lost that user name for some reason. My problem is I have covid so I took lots of chemicals. Ibuprofen, tylenol, vitamins, zinc, and antibiotic azitromycin. After more than 8 years of not having anxiety, my level is now at the benzo withdrawal level. Did you experience this? Do you know what could be the culprit? I need some hope that I didn’t ruin 10 years of effort within two weeks.

Thanks,

Miti

We've had a number of members return after contracting Covid because some of the symptoms mimic benzo withdrawal, it may not be from the medications you've taken although antibiotics have been known to cause setbacks.  Most of our Covid related threads are on the General Health & Wellbeing board.

Setbacks from medications are common, most members say they clear up in time and you're not doomed to be back at square one.

Thanks Pamster!

I will check that board. Do you know how long it may take, from others experience? I know that some antibiotics have gaba antagonist effect and I am super scared of that.

Hi guys,

I’m new/old here. My old user name was Miti and I didn’t come here for many years and I’ve lost that user name for some reason. My problem is I have covid so I took lots of chemicals. Ibuprofen, tylenol, vitamins, zinc, and antibiotic azitromycin. After more than 8 years of not having anxiety, my level is now at the benzo withdrawal level. Did you experience this? Do you know what could be the culprit? I need some hope that I didn’t ruin 10 years of effort within two weeks.

Thanks,

Miti

Anxiety has been my worst Covid symptom.  I took azythromycin too, but I was already having panic attacks before I took it.  Also, I did not take any pain meds or anything.  Covid all by itself can bring on the anxiety.  Most people here who had it said they felt better within 5 weeks or so.  But some of us are taking longer.  Hang in there! It will get better eventually. 

Hi guys,

Thanks,

Miti

Hi Miti. Before you contracted COVID, were you fully vaccinated and boosted? I think I caught COVID but got over it quickly, altho I was never tested. I had the booster over a month ago. Like the other shots, I only felt bad for one day after the shot. About 10 days ago, I started feeling bad like I did the day after the booster. I was fairly certain it was COVID (probably Omicron). Even tho I was not tested, I did talk to my doctor and I also self-quarantined. SXS were headache, dry cough, body aches, fever, and sore throat. On day 3, fever was gone and temp. remained in the normal range. On day 5, all sxs were basically gone, and I was feeling back to normal with the same old benzo crappy feeling, even tho I think I have cleared COVID. I think the shots did help me bc I did not get very sick and I recovered quickly.

You said you have been off benzos for 10 years. I do not think catching COVID is going to put you back in benzo w/d. Your anxiety is just coming from being sick with COVID IMO. Whatever you do, please try not to start back taking benzos.