The breathing gets worse everyday day 26….

[Do...]

Have you looked at chapter 3 of The Ashton Manual, this chapter lists your symptoms and why you feel them, I found it comforting because it helped me not be so afraid.

Can you tell us a little more about your previous drug history, it would help us understand your situation better if we could see it in your signature.  Add your history/signature 

I know you quit cold turkey and you were only on the drug for a short time but were there any other times you were on benzo's, you mentioned a drinking history in other posts, was it extensive?  I'm trying to find out if your central nervous system may have been sensitized by your alcohol history, no judgement, just trying to help.

Have you looked at chapter 3 of The Ashton Manual, this chapter lists your symptoms and why you feel them, I found it comforting because it helped me not be so afraid.

Can you tell us a little more about your previous drug history, it would help us understand your situation better if we could see it in your signature.  Add your history/signature 

I know you quit cold turkey and you were only on the drug for a short time but were there any other times you were on benzo's, you mentioned a drinking history in other posts, was it extensive?  I'm trying to find out if your central nervous system may have been sensitized by your alcohol history, no judgement, just trying to help.

I've never heard of doing this. As far as I was aware sensitisation of the CNS occurs from psych meds. Not trying to be awkward, just genuinely interested, is there any evidence of it?

I've never heard of doing this. As far as I was aware sensitisation of the CNS occurs from psych meds. Not trying to be awkward, just genuinely interested, is there any evidence of it?

Absolutely no idea Having a mare, and I'm embarrassed to say so.  :-[  I've wondered about this when I've seen members talk about kindling which has been studied extensively in relation to alcohol, wondering if a history of alcohol abuse could set someone up for more intense withdrawal symptoms when a benzo is introduced.  Maybe I should start a conversation in Chewing the Fat after I do some homework.

I  was a heavy drinker 0.75cl spirit everyday for two years. Was clean for two years and still had lingering symptoms such as tinnitus and hypnic jerks. Now i got anxious off lexapro and was prescribed diazepam. Now I’m back to square one with worse symptoms. I truly believe it will not get better with time. Yes I’m pessimistic but I’m one for being protracted it seems

It definitely did thats why im a goner

We don't consider someone to be protracted until they're past 18 months and still feeling symptoms so you have a ways to go yet.  Have you looked at this post, it describes the phases of recovery and it looks like you're in the acute phase at the moment but it will pass into another phase that won't be quite as intense so try not to panic, this is normal for this process.  Four Phases of Withdrawal-Where Are You?

It would also be a good idea for you to take a look at this thread, I can see the drug is working overtime on you. Benzo Lies That Have Been Busted

Your drinking history may or may not be contributing to the intensity of your symptoms but you can still recover, I'm recovering and quit cold turkey too and I did.

We don't consider someone to be protracted until they're past 18 months and still feeling symptoms so you have a ways to go yet.  Have you looked at this post, it describes the phases of recovery and it looks like you're in the acute phase at the moment but it will pass into another phase that won't be quite as intense so try not to panic, this is normal for this process.  Four Phases of Withdrawal-Where Are You?

It would also be a good idea for you to take a look at this thread, I can see the drug is working overtime on you. Benzo Lies That Have Been Busted

Your drinking history may or may not be contributing to the intensity of your symptoms but you can still recover, I'm recovering and quit cold turkey too and I did.

I cant even sleep for 1hr

Was you an extreme case like me:

Dystonia

Dpdr

Tinntius

Total insomnia

Panic attacks

Grunting and holding breath without realizing

Nerve pain everywhere

Skin rashes

Cant eat makes more short of breath because of hr

Impending doom

Suicidal idealisation

Hypersensitivity to noise and touch

Trying every minute to breathe because it stops on its own

Dehydration

Cant walk ataxia

Temperature

Seizures

Deafness hearing loss

Heart racing all the time but low bp

Psychotic like symptoms

Protracted from previous withdrawals

Whole life gone in two months

Doomandgloom2, are you being treated by a qualified physician? If not I would personally make arrangements for treatment of the symptoms you described. If you are being treated by a qualified physician, what is your prescribed treatment plan for your symptoms? Your symptoms are serious and may be life threatening if left untreated. Sincere Best Wishes

Doomandgloom2, are you being treated by a qualified physician? If not I would personally make arrangements for treatment of the symptoms you described. If you are being treated by a qualified physician, what is your prescribed treatment plan for your symptoms? Your symptoms are serious and may be life threatening if left untreated. Sincere Best Wishes

Theres no benzo wise doctors in the uk

I was worse than you describe, and although i'm not healed i'm much better than I was. Some days I think I can't go on, but i do. Things will get better, you've just gotta keep pushing forward, ! minute at a time, 1 hour at a time. Slowly but surely things will get better.

And I agree theres little point in going to the doctor, even if you could get an appointment which is difficult at the moment, they wouldn't be able to do much apart from trying to medicate you, probably with an antidepressant. Have you spoken to anyone? It might help, The Bristol Tranquiliser project https://www.btpinfo.org.uk/ have councillors that have been through benzo WD. They have a helpline 01179500020.

You're not alone, and although it's scary you'll survive this

I was worse than you describe, and although i'm not healed i'm much better than I was. Some days I think I can't go on, but i do. Things will get better, you've just gotta keep pushing forward, ! minute at a time, 1 hour at a time. Slowly but surely things will get better.

And I agree theres little point in going to the doctor, even if you could get an appointment which is difficult at the moment, they wouldn't be able to do much apart from trying to medicate you, probably with an antidepressant. Have you spoken to anyone? It might help, The Bristol Tranquiliser project https://www.btpinfo.org.uk/ have councillors that have been through benzo WD. They have a helpline 01179500020.

You was worse how?  I tried ringing the bristol place they’re not open even though it says they are

Are you still suffering to this day omg

What do i do

How was you worse please elaborate

You was worse how?  I tried ringing the bristol place they’re not open even though it says they are

Hallucinating, hearing things, walking the streets @ 3am with looping suicidal thoughts. Having to sleep on the floor because i was in so much pain. Couldn't eat anything or things would get 10x worse. 4 months bed ridden, couldn't walk due to pain... The list goes on.......... But it doesn't last forever

Bristol Tranquiliser project are only open until 3pm at the moment.

Hallucinating, hearing things, walking the streets @ 3am with looping suicidal thoughts. Having to sleep on the floor because i was in so much pain. Couldn't eat anything or things would get 10x worse. 4 months bed ridden, couldn't walk due to pain... The list goes on.......... But it doesn't last forever

Bristol Tranquiliser project are only open until 3pm at the moment.

I am doing those things too. But this breathing is deadly serious i can go up to 20 minutes without a signle breath and it gets worse if i stand up or move

Well if you think it's serious, you may need to consider going to the hospital. Only you can decide that. I know it's difficult, but try to not worry about it too much as it will probably make it worse. It will pass in time

Well if you think it's serious, you may need to consider going to the hospital. Only you can decide that. I know it's difficult, but try to not worry about it too much as it will probably make it worse. It will pass in time

Im scared it wont

Im scared it wont

I know, BUT it will