Helpful PDFs Overcoming Self-Sabotage+Managing Automatic Negative Thoughts (ANTS

[no...]

During withdrawal we can consciously  or unwittingly sometimes self sabotage ourselves, and end up prolonging our taper or giving rise to more symptoms or elevate whatsoever is  going on in our body or mind or end up relapsing due to normal life  events we need to re learn to cope with without taking a pill after quite  sometime off and chugging along quite well. Or because we get impatient waiting for full healing.

I became aware of this fact that I self sabotage the other day,  that there are something's I  possibly have been doing or do not do that may help me, I allow fear to keep me stuck too often, I get trapped in  a negative mind set and become a long term prisoner of my own mind, as well as the withdrawal itself also causing this symptom we can unwittingly make it worse for ourselves too

Which then keeps me a prisoner of the Diazepam for even longer and I think 20+ year's and counting is long enough.  So I've been taking a good look at myself, taking stock,  and am now trying to find tools to help me outside of what I've already tried as the more coping tools you have to hand the better, and  also doing the questionnaires on these links besides being helpful to give you a different out look is also a good distraction which will be useful  to you as well

Overcoming Self-Sabotage  

https://gemmastone.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Overcome-Self-Sabotage-Workbook.pdf 

This one you can fill in answers on line as its interactive, or print it off and do it by writing the answers .

Managing Automatic Negative Thoughts (ANTS ) 

https://wellnessatwork.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Identifying-Managing-ANTs.pdf 

This one needs to be printed off or copied to fill it in

Hope others of you find them helpful Nova  :smitten: xxx

Nova, I am just seeing this but you make some good points here.  Once I got through my taper and off Klonopin, I began the process of looking at why I took benzos in the first place.  Looking back with a much clearer mind these days, I can see that my life management skills were really lacking and self-sabotage was part of that.