Author Topic: Has anyone tried red and infrared light therapy for sleep?  (Read 1426 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Has anyone tried red and infrared light therapy for sleep?
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2022, 06:15:33 am »
Can anyone direct me to some internet info on red light therapy for sleep? I have a tanning membership that includes red light therapy, and I don't use it right now, but I will if it is going to if it helps my sleep. I have never heard it helps sleep.

[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2022, 12:49:00 pm »
[...],

I found this article...there are a lot more... good luck

https://www.healthline.com/health/why-not-to-have-red-lights-on-at-night
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2022, 02:23:39 am »
[...],

Check out this device that could help with your sleep since you are 3.5 years out.

apolloneuro.com

Interesting device. I'm guessing it works on giving your body something benign to focus on, instead of allowing racing thoughts that keep some people up. This seems promising to help people that have psychological sleep problems.

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2022, 04:32:19 pm »
Red light therapy treatments are quick and simple: you just sit or stand in natural light for 5 to 15 minutes, ideally every day. This stimulates your mitochondria and gives your cells the natural light they need to make energy. I worked with the guys from https://writinguniverse.com/free-essay-examples/sleep/ and wrote an article on the topic. I read that clinical research showed that red light therapy can improve sleep quality and duration, and help people produce more of their own melatonin. But as far as I understood, more research is needed as the current evidence seems to indicate that red light at night doesn't disturb sleep and that's it.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2022, 08:00:32 am by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2022, 06:08:27 pm »
To benefit from red light therapy it needs to be transcranial. Just shining a light in the general direction of your body won't do much  for the Benzo damaged

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2022, 03:25:03 am »
To benefit from red light therapy it needs to be transcranial. Just shining a light in the general direction of your body won't do much  for the Benzo damaged

https://www.wellred.com.au/duo-coronet/buy-now-9pgya-k64g6-2xm2j

There are devices like the one above that claim to be efficacious. I haven't done enough research on this topic but it seems promising on the whole. I do know that wave length and intensity matter, so you cant go stick any red led on your head.

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2022, 06:11:01 am »

There are devices like the one above that claim to be efficacious. I haven't done enough research on this topic but it seems promising on the whole. I do know that wave length and intensity matter, so you cant go stick any red led on your head.

There's a Facebook page started by a member here, I have spoken to her a few times about it and she has had good success using a similar device.

A quote from her PM, I hope she doesn't mind

"it has helped my sleep massively and it was such a bad issue for me, really critical."

She's not very active here, but if you are interested you could ask on her Facebook page, she's done a lot of research.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1256254668087158/?ref=bookmarks.

I was going to buy 1, but seemed to turn a corner just before I did and they are expensive, so am waiting a while. I haven't ruled it out tho

[Buddie]

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2022, 08:47:38 pm »
I just bought an infrared therapy wrap mainly for my stomach and back pain.  For that it's already helping and this is only the second time I've used it.  I'll try to let you guys know if my sleep improves.  I used it yesterday and last night sucked, so not sure if it made it worse or did nothing.  But it definitely helps  with pain.  I just wonder if you need to put it on your face or head for the sleep benefits?  I don't know much yet. 

[Buddie]

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2022, 09:18:33 pm »
I tried the apollo neuro last summer when I was about 13 months post-jump.  It didn't do anything for me re: sleep or symptoms, in fact I think it may have aggravated my neuropathy.  My understanding is it is supposed to increase the resilience of your autonomic NS, and hence increase heart rate variability and overall well-being. 

Separately I got tested for vitamin D status, and was borderline low.  I bought a Sperti vitamin D sunlamp (only one on the market for UVB).  Although I was getting 6-7 hours of broken sleep (not terrible for jumping from benzos), I noticed a real improvement in my sleep.  Now getting 7-9 hours each night, still a few awakenings but I suspect my restorative sleep is much improved.  [...], I would suggest getting your Vitamin D checked, as almost EVERYONE is deficient and it is very important for sleep.

Good Luck!

[Buddie]

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2022, 09:21:02 pm »

There's a Facebook page started by a member here, I have spoken to her a few times about it and she has had good success using a similar device.

A quote from her PM, I hope she doesn't mind

"it has helped my sleep massively and it was such a bad issue for me, really critical."

She's not very active here, but if you are interested you could ask on her Facebook page, she's done a lot of research.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1256254668087158/?ref=bookmarks.

I was going to buy 1, but seemed to turn a corner just before I did and they are expensive, so am waiting a while. I haven't ruled it out tho