Cross taper schedule from Ativan to Klonopin

[De...]

Hello,

I got myself into a mess and I am currently taking .75mg ativan twice a day, i feel that interdose anxiety though.

I successfully got off klonopin in the past very slowly, it has a longer duration of action and half life, i would like to switch.

What would be a good schedule so i can be sure it still works with me, i took it for a long time. took a .25 had no bad reaction whatsoever, but didn't feel much either, but i remember not feeling much on kpin back in the day either, just stable and only felt when i dropped too fast.

What would be a sample of a good safe crossover?

Thank you!

I guess you don't want to take the Ativan 3 times a day to try to avoid interdose?

So you'd like to switch over to .75 mgs of Klonopin a day?  Is your doctor willing to prescribe?

I guess you don't want to take the Ativan 3 times a day to try to avoid interdose?

So you'd like to switch over to .75 mgs of Klonopin a day?  Is your doctor willing to prescribe?

Yes, my doctor has been with me on the past with my slow taper before, what would be a way to switch over and be safe.

I could try 3 times a day but i fear tolerance withdrawal, of which when i was on klonopin i had none of.

If I hypothetically wanted to try this, what would be a safe schedule.

Dose converter says 1.5 lorazepam is .8 klonopin, but i might have to bump it up to 1 or higher as I know they act differently.

I converted from xanax to klonopin in the hospital, but it has been years at this point, and they did it for me lol.

I feel it would be easier on your body to try dosing 3 times a day before attempting to cross over to Klonopin and as for tolerance withdrawal, that can happen with any benzo so just because you didn't experience it before doesn't mean you won't, many members say no two tapering experiences are the same.

If you want to do the switch I'd suggest taking a couple of weeks and do sort of an Ashton manual crossover, adding in the Klonopin while withdrawing the Ativan.  I wouldn't automatically assume you need to round up, you may find the lower dose will suit you just fine.  Since Klonopin builds up fairly rapidly you'll probably know before you reach the 1 mg mark if it's going to work for you.

I feel it would be easier on your body to try dosing 3 times a day before attempting to cross over to Klonopin and as for tolerance withdrawal, that can happen with any benzo so just because you didn't experience it before doesn't mean you won't, many members say no two tapering experiences are the same.

If you want to do the switch I'd suggest taking a couple of weeks and do sort of an Ashton manual crossover, adding in the Klonopin while withdrawing the Ativan.  I wouldn't automatically assume you need to round up, you may find the lower dose will suit you just fine.  Since Klonopin builds up fairly rapidly you'll probably know before you reach the 1 mg mark if it's going to work for you.

Hello, okay great, maybe I will stay on A then, if not at least I know where you stand, great advice, last question how quick could i do a crossover, like i said they did it in 5 days in the hospital for me years ago, is that right is a week enough or more?

Thank you again for the advice!

I think you could make the cross in about a week I guess, since Ativan leaves quickly and Klonopin doesn't take long to build up but I'd hold before going up to 1 mg, maybe stay at .75 for a day or two to see if it's going to work for you.