24-36 Month Group...

[It...]

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry if I missed this group somewhere, and if I did can someone point me in the right direction haha. I'm wondering if there are others out there that are at the same stage I am that are interested in sharing their story and how they're doing?

I'm 25 months off. Was healed by 13 months but have since had 2 setbacks due to antibiotics that have thrown me back into WD. Luckily I'm getting windows but still lots of whicked waves.

Just hit 36 months off zopiclone, 18 months off AD's, nowhere near healed. Never had a window just get waves. Been lot worse recently, so pretty crap. My symptoms severe anxiety, intrusive thoughts. Only ever took meds fir insomnia no existing anxiety.Going through the "I'll never recover stage" some days.

I just hit 37 months and I can finally see the finish line that I thought didn't exist.

Issue,

That's fantastic news!!! I hope it happens very very soon for you!

Just hit 36 months off zopiclone, 18 months off AD's, nowhere near healed. Never had a window just get waves. Been lot worse recently, so pretty crap. My symptoms severe anxiety, intrusive thoughts. Only ever took meds fir insomnia no existing anxiety.Going through the "I'll never recover stage" some days.

Leann,

I'm so sorry that you are still struggling so much. I truly hope that this worsening of symtpoms you're currently experiencing is just your body doing some really deep healing before you finally start to feel better. I'm a year behind you and I had a good 6 month break and still feel somedays like there's no hope. I pray you get relief very very soon!

Thanks had extremely stressful 6 months last year with toxic family didn't help. Feel like I'm in acute again keep hoping this is final wave people talk about. Probably post too much, but when goes on long time this forum keeps you sane. Seems some people don't get Windows. Sorry you had setback hope things soon improve.

Leann,

Don't ever feel you need to apologize for posting a bunch. That's what we're all here for, and those that have been in this for years sometimes need a bit more support and that's totally understandable. I have been more active in the group's since my setback then I ever was throughout all of my WD. I don't think any of us expected to still be dealing with this at this point.

I have read many stories where people have a really bad wave right before they finally heal. My worst and longest wave was right before I healed and then one day I just woke up and felt completely normal. This is a beyond bizarre experience. I hope that that's what you are in, is just your final wave of deep healing. Keep in touch, I'm always happy to talk  :smitten:

Thanks, the family stress has reared it's ugly head again recently, just been last couple weeks feel like I'm having total nervous breakdown, getting panic attacks again.Anxiety off the scale especially mornings, it's like being in acute again, never had any let up of symptoms or Windows , but not been this bad since coming off the anti depressants 18 months ago. Sometimes think I'm unfixable 😫

Thanks, the family stress has reared it's ugly head again recently, just been last couple weeks feel like I'm having total nervous breakdown, getting panic attacks again.Anxiety off the scale especially mornings, it's like being in acute again, never had any let up of symptoms or Windows , but not been this bad since coming off the anti depressants 18 months ago. Sometimes think I'm unfixable 😫

Both of the Benzo coaches I have worked with believe that stress can absolutely have a huge impact on our symtpoms. When I had my first setback last summer this was one of the first things that pamster and one of the other admins asked me was if there currently was excessive amounts of stress in my life as that sometimes can cause the serious increase in symtpoms (I'm sure you know all of this, but it's also nice to know that what you're going through is normal and it's not like there's something wrong with you).

I'm sorry you are still struggling so much, I have a feeling that you will see some major improvements this year!!

Do you mind me asking how long you were on the Z and AD for?

I was on the z drugs 12 years, but fir long time just took them when needed fir insomnia, only had about 4 packets a year . Husband nearly died 6 years ago that's when began take them every night but tiny dose, think being made CT was problem. On the AD's about 6 months on & off,  tried citalopram & sertraline .Think you are right about the stress, had awful mother never felt loved, she cut me out of her will when she died last year fir no reason, kept it secret and lied about it fir years, think zop stopped me dealing with how she treated me over the years.