Splitting 1 mg Clonazepam once at night to 0.5 mg twice a day.

[nk...]

I sleep 4-5 hours at night with 1 mg. I would like to make up for it with a nap in the afternoon, but I cant sleep, so I was thinking of taking 0.25-0.5 in the afternoon and the rest at night, but I am afraid this might ruin the sleep I am getting at night...thoughts?

I’ve been told here if it aint broke dont fix it, id consider myself healed if i got 4-5 hours a night. I’d be grateful and stick with what’s working.

I sleep 4-5 hours at night with 1 mg. I would like to make up for it with a nap in the afternoon, but I cant sleep, so I was thinking of taking 0.25-0.5 in the afternoon and the rest at night, but I am afraid this might ruin the sleep I am getting at night...thoughts?

I doubt you'll be able to sleep even if you take that afternoon dose, I found that there was no way around insomnia.  Of course you can give it a try but I wouldn't waste too much time on this experiment.

I agree with Pamster and WPWP...

Naps were impossible for me for about 12-18 months after my CT and are impossible those with Benzo-induced insomnia.  You are tired but feel "wired" at the same time because GABA (what makes you calm and relaxed) is no longer in a balancing act with Glutamate (what makes you active and alert).  The Benzos take GABA offline (Temporarily) so Glutamate rules the day and night...hence your insomnia and inability to nap...Unfortunately NOTHING but TIME can fix this.

As Pamster said, there is no way to avoid insomnia short of staying on another Rx (non Benzo) drug and ALL drugs are a dead end road as they all eventually stop working

I'd try to taper off and let sleep return on its own!

Good luck!