Using Table 6 instead of table 5 (ashton)

[Ch...]

Table 5 is 1.5 mg clon to diazapam.  I'm acutually on 2 mg so the table does not actually fit. Doc want to use table 6 which is 3 mg clos but leave the clon to 1.5 and and keep Valium at 60.  Does this seem ok?

60 mgs of Valium would be overmedicating you, it's way too much if you're only on 2 mgs Klonopin.  These schedules are just guides, you can make your own now that you have your doctors support for writing you a script for Valium.

We can help you make a schedule but do you agree that 60 mgs is too much for you to cross to?

Yes!  I agree that is to much!  Can you please, please, please, make me a table?  My brain is mush!!

60 mgs of Valium would be overmedicating you, it's way too much if you're only on 2 mgs Klonopin.  These schedules are just guides, you can make your own now that you have your doctors support for writing you a script for Valium.

We can help you make a schedule but do you agree that 60 mgs is too much for you to cross to?

Yes, I take 1 mg at night and 1 mg at noon. (An I'm still confused because I have the extra .5 mg (tab 5 is 1.5 mg).  I don't know where to add that in.  :smitten: thank you

Yes!  I agree that is to much!  Can you please, please, please, make me a table?  My brain is mush!!

I'm very much hi anxiety, can't function, so I would need to compenstate for that.  Does is makes sense to Use SChdule 5 of ashton but bump up valium a bit.  I have no idea. I'm scared to mix up the combo of clonopin and valium.   

Yes, I take 1 mg at night and 1 mg at noon. (An I'm still confused because I have the extra .5 mg (tab 5 is 1.5 mg).  I don't know where to add that in.  :smitten: thank you

Pamster, I hate to be a pest, but we told the doc we'd get the schdule to him today.  I there any chance that can happen.  I know you are so very busy :smitten:

Pamster, I hate to be a pest, but we told the doc we'd get the schdule to him today.  I there any chance that can happen.  I know you are so very busy :smitten:

Hi Charlene,

You're not a pest but I'm uncomfortable doing this because I cannot in good conscience agree to a schedule that would put you at a higher dose than you're on now.  Is your doctor suggesting 60 mgs of Valium simply because there is a schedule in the Ashton manual that covers this?

I also don't understand why your doctor needs a schedule, his job is to write a script that will allow you enough Valium and Klonopin to make the switch.  Tapers need to be flexible, most everyone has to make allowances for increased symptoms which means slowing the taper down so your doctor requiring a schedule tells me he doesn't understand the nature of this process.

My suggestion would be to plug in your own numbers into schedule 6 but only totaling 40 mgs Diazepam and customize it to your needs.  I can't write up your schedule because I don't know if you suffer from morning anxiety and might need more help in the morning, or if you have difficulty sleeping and might need more of the Valium at night.  We can provide guidance but this is your taper and it should be designed by you.

I'm not going to take 60 please make me a sample table, I can't think.  A sample table just like

Hi Charlene,

You're not a pest but I'm uncomfortable doing this because I cannot in good conscience agree to a schedule that would put you at a higher dose than you're on now.  Is your doctor suggesting 60 mgs of Valium simply because there is a schedule in the Ashton manual that covers this?

I also don't understand why your doctor needs a schedule, his job is to write a script that will allow you enough Valium and Klonopin to make the switch.  Tapers need to be flexible, most everyone has to make allowances for increased symptoms which means slowing the taper down so your doctor requiring a schedule tells me he doesn't understand the nature of this process.

My suggestion would be to plug in your own numbers into schedule 6 but only totaling 40 mgs Diazepam and customize it to your needs.  I can't write up your schedule because I don't know if you suffer from morning anxiety and might need more help in the morning, or if you have difficulty sleeping and might need more of the Valium at night.  We can provide guidance but this is your taper and it should be designed by you.

I need valuium at night.  Please make up the schdule using 40mg of diazapam I would you the valuim at night.  Please do this for me with a caveat that this is a sample only.  Please.  I don't know what I'm doing. 

Can we use table 5 instead of table 6? and add in for the .5 additional clonapan?  Please?  I need to get him the right valuium. 

I've done a rough draft but you can modify it to accommodate your needs.  if you only want the Valium at night when you're crossing over then you'll change Stage 2 to 1 mg clonazepam in the morning and your nighttime dose to 20 mg diazepam.

Stage 1

(1-2 weeks) clonazepam 1mg                         clonazepam 0.5mg/diazepam 10mg-- 40mg

Stage 2

(1-2 weeks) clonazepam 0.5mg/diazepam 10mg clonazepam 0.5mg/diazepam 10mg-- 40mg

Stage 3

(1-2 weeks) clonazepam 0.25mg/diazepam 15mg         clonazepam 0.25mg/diazepam 15mg-- 40mg

Stage 4

(1-2 weeks) diazepam 20mg                                 clonazepam 0.25 mg/diazepam 15mg-- 40mg

Stage 5

(1-2 weeks) Diazepam 20 mg                         diazepam 20mg--                               40 mg

Stage 6

(1-2 weeks) diazepam 15 mg                         diazepam 20mg--                               35mg

Stage 7

(1-2 weeks) diazepam 10mg                                 diazepam 20mg--                               30mg

Stage 8

(1-2 weeks) diazepam 8mg                                 diazepam 20mg--                               28mg

Stage 9

(1-2 weeks) diazepam 6mg                                 diazepam 20mg--                               26mg

Stage 10

(1-2 weeks) diazepam 6 mg                                 diazepam 18mg--                               24mg

Stage 11

(1-2 weeks) diazepam 6mg                                 diazepam 16mg--                               22mg

Stage 12

(1-2 weeks) diazepam 6mg                                 diazepam 14mg--                               20mg

Stage 13

(1-2 weeks) diazepam 6mg                                 diazepam 12mg--                               18mg

Stage 14

(1-2 weeks) diazepam 6mg                                 diazepam 10mg--                               16mg

I've done a rough draft but you can modify it to accommodate your needs.  if you only want the Valium at night when you're crossing over then you'll change Stage 2 to 1 mg clonazepam in the morning and your nighttime dose to 20 mg diazepam.

Stage 1

(1-2 weeks) clonazepam 1mg                         clonazepam 0.5mg/diazepam 10mg-- 40mg

Stage 2

(1-2 weeks) clonazepam 0.5mg/diazepam 10mg clonazepam 0.5mg/diazepam 10mg-- 40mg

Stage 3

(1-2 weeks) clonazepam 0.25mg/diazepam 15mg         clonazepam 0.25mg/diazepam 15mg-- 40mg

Stage 4

(1-2 weeks) diazepam 20mg                                 clonazepam 0.25 mg/diazepam 15mg-- 40mg

Stage 5

(1-2 weeks) Diazepam 20 mg                         diazepam 20mg--                               40 mg

Stage 6

(1-2 weeks) diazepam 15 mg                         diazepam 20mg--                               35mg

Stage 7

(1-2 weeks) diazepam 10mg                                 diazepam 20mg--                               30mg

Stage 8

(1-2 weeks) diazepam 8mg                                 diazepam 20mg--                               28mg

Stage 9

(1-2 weeks) diazepam 6mg                                 diazepam 20mg--                               26mg

Stage 10

(1-2 weeks) diazepam 6 mg                                 diazepam 18mg--                               24mg

Stage 11

(1-2 weeks) diazepam 6mg                                 diazepam 16mg--                               22mg

Stage 12

(1-2 weeks) diazepam 6mg                                 diazepam 14mg--                               20mg

Stage 13

(1-2 weeks) diazepam 6mg                                 diazepam 12mg--                               18mg

Stage 14

(1-2 weeks) diazepam 6mg                                 diazepam 10mg--                               16mg

Stage 1

Stage 2

Thank you!!!!!:)

Stage 3

Stage 4

Stage 5

Stage 6

Stage 7

Stage 8

Stage 9

Stage 10

Stage 11

Stage 12

Stage 13

Stage 14

Stage 1

Stage 2

Stage 3

Stage 4

Stage 5

Stage 6

Stage 7

Stage 8

Stage 9

Stage 10

Stage 11

Stage 12

Stage 13

Stage 14

I need a schedule of table 5 that has 50 mg valium and adds .5 mg of klon since I'm on an extra does of Klon (2) (Please help me Katz or Pamster.  both my husband and I are confussed.  I'm so sorry I am a mess. 

Is your daily dose 2.5 mgs of Klonopin a day, if not how often do you take this dose?

I take 2 a day noon and night.  the 1.5mg ashton schedule 5... I have an extra .5.  I need an equivelency of 50.  Someone please help me. 

Hello, Charlene. Pamster has had a very busy day so let’s see if I can help a bit by seeking clarification regarding your daily dosing schedule.

You’ve consistently indicated you take 1mg of clonazepam at noon and 1mg at night.  That would be a total daily dose of 2mg of clonazepam which, according to Ashton, is equivalent to 40mg diazepam.

What’s confusing me is the ‘extra 0.5mg’ you’ve referenced.  Do you take an extra 0.5mg you haven’t mentioned before?  If so, when do you take this dose?

Given that taper plans must be adjusted in response to symptoms and circumstances, might I encourage you to focus first on the plan for your crossover (i.e. Stages 1 - 5 in the schedule Pamster gave you) rather than trying to plan your entire taper?  For example, as you proceed with your crossover, you may discover you need a different amount of diazepam or you may need to adjust the amount and/or times of your doses.

Stage 1

Pamster you are the swettest thank you for working with me.  I'm so scared.  I love you for helping me and going out of youw way.  :smitten:

Stage 2

Thank you!!!!!:)

Stage 3

Stage 4

Stage 5

Stage 6

Stage 7

Stage 8

Stage 9

Stage 10

Stage 11

Stage 12

Stage 13

Stage 14

Stage 1

Stage 2

Stage 3

Stage 4

Stage 5

Stage 6

Stage 7

Stage 8

Stage 9

Stage 10

Stage 11

Stage 12

Stage 13

Stage 14

Charlene, I need you to answer the questions Libertas has asked, you're confusing us.  Also, if you're going to quote my posts, you'll need to scroll down to the bottom of the quoted post before you hit reply, your responses are getting buried in the middle of my post.

Hello, Charlene. Pamster has had a very busy day so let’s see if I can help a bit by seeking clarification regarding your daily dosing schedule.

You’ve consistently indicated you take 1mg of clonazepam at noon and 1mg at night.  That would be a total daily dose of 2mg of clonazepam which, according to Ashton, is equivalent to 40mg diazepam.

What’s confusing me is the ‘extra 0.5mg’ you’ve referenced.  Do you take an extra 0.5mg you haven’t mentioned before?  If so, when do you take this dose?

Given that taper plans must be adjusted in response to symptoms and circumstances, might I encourage you to focus first on the plan for your crossover (i.e. Stages 1 - 5 in the schedule Pamster gave you) rather than trying to plan your entire taper?  For example, as you proceed with your crossover, you may discover you need a different amount of diazepam or you may need to adjust the amount and/or times of your doses.

Answering your PM here since it's against the rules to provide taper advice via PM. 

I think I understand your confusion now, the .5 you keep mentioning is because the tables provided by Ashton don't meet your particular needs, is this the case?

The table I made for you is for 2 mgs Klonopin crossing over to 40 mgs Valium, its no longer table 5 or table 6, this is your schedule if you decide to use it.

This table only covers the first part of your taper, the crossover and a few reductions, as your taper progresses you'll most likely need to make changes as your symptoms change, its important to be flexible.

One last question, why do you say you need your crossover to be to 50 mgs Valium?