Off Lorazepam After 12 years of use!

[Tx...]

This process has taken years to be honest but I am

So grateful to be off this medication. I have been off 17 days now and am starting to see some resemblance of the human being I used to be. I am slowing starting to drive more and put my self in more and more situations that used to drive me bonkers or I had to be heavily medicated. By the grace of God I am completely off the lorazepam and miratzapine. God has been doing a lot this year and all of that would take far too long. I still have a long way to go in healing but the light at the end of the tunnel has become visible. It feels like I have been in pure darkness for so long and now I can feel again which is a beautiful thing. I feel like my mind is slowly coming back.  I still struggle with sleep issues, eating, high blood pressure, and many other things but it’s getting better and better and I can see it as part of the healing process.

I have felt the pain like I am going crazy. I have felt like I am getting attacked by the worst thoughts known to man during the night. I have had checks on my heart, blood work, doctors that push pills and most things you can think of.

If you are reading this just keep going! I know and have dealt with most symptoms at some point in this ridiculous journey but God has and is making me stronger through it.

Just remember it’s the meaning we give it! If it’s the worst things that’s ever happened then so it is but if it’s something that make you stronger and more empathetic then theren lies the purpose.

Stay safe and take care of yourselves!

What an accomplishment, especially after so many ups and downs throughout.  Congratulations for what you have achieved.  I hope the road ahead will be smooth sailing.

Congrats but 17 days off is still pretty early. I think you will continue to see improvements the longer you are off as neuroadaptation slowly reverses and homeostasis occurs.

Thanks for sharing Txtaper31.

edit: spelling

Yes I know I still have a long way to go and I hope I see a ton of improvements but I guess at this stage I am just comparing to how it had been before. You can start to feel like happiness is evasive and wonder how anyone does the simplest of things. I am starting to see joy in the smallest of things again occasionally which is huge.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

So yes I am still going strong! I have had some rough days to be honest but have had some great days. I still have high blood pressure with ease at times and high heart rates increasing at ease at rest but I have learned to try and turn it into excitement and can see my ability to handle things growing. It’s still extremely difficult. I also did my first NAD IV today and have another on Saturday. I am going to see if this will help the brain fog and memory issues. I am hoping it can

Speed up the process even more. I will keep y’all posted!

• 2 weeks later...
To be honest it’s absolute hell but so worth it. I am experiencing small inklings of emotion again other than fear or anxiety which is a nice change :laugh:

This process has taken years to be honest but I am

So grateful to be off this medication. I have been off 17 days now and am starting to see some resemblance of the human being I used to be. I am slowing starting to drive more and put my self in more and more situations that used to drive me bonkers or I had to be heavily medicated. By the grace of God I am completely off the lorazepam and miratzapine. God has been doing a lot this year and all of that would take far too long. I still have a long way to go in healing but the light at the end of the tunnel has become visible. It feels like I have been in pure darkness for so long and now I can feel again which is a beautiful thing. I feel like my mind is slowly coming back.  I still struggle with sleep issues, eating, high blood pressure, and many other things but it’s getting better and better and I can see it as part of the healing process.

I have felt the pain like I am going crazy. I have felt like I am getting attacked by the worst thoughts known to man during the night. I have had checks on my heart, blood work, doctors that push pills and most things you can think of.

If you are reading this just keep going! I know and have dealt with most symptoms at some point in this ridiculous journey but God has and is making me stronger through it.

Just remember it’s the meaning we give it! If it’s the worst things that’s ever happened then so it is but if it’s something that make you stronger and more empathetic then theren lies the purpose.

Stay safe and take care of yourselves!

CONGRATS!!! Can I ask where you were on your taper when you finally jumped?

Thanks!

.125 lorazepam when I jumped. I am also back searching for a job again which has been stressful doing 3-4 interviews a week which has affected my blood pressure. I have also been a little sick this week so hoping that gets much better. I have been super busy so sorry if I don’t get on here more. If anyone has any questions or needs support in any way please let me know.

Thanks,

Hi Txtsper31:  sorry I have to post your message fromPM here but I have not been able to Pm anyone. Can’t really go in detail.

Thank you for checking in on me.  I was really having a ruff time due to an antibiotic setback for a while  Getting a bit better. My symptoms are still rough but I finally went for a walk last week. It was a big moment for me because I haven’t been out since last August. So some symptoms are improving but the one I really want to improve is the inner restlessness. Does that lessen over time?  I feel my brain is stuck like this forever.

How are you feeling.? 

Thanks again for contacting me

🌷

I also did my first NAD IV today and have another on Saturday. I am going to see if this will help the brain fog and memory issues. I am hoping it can

Speed up the process even more. I will keep y’all posted!

Hey TT how did your NAD treatments go ? Did they help ?

Where did you get them if you don’t mind me asking?