Nerve conduction study

[Mr...]

I have experienced tingling, strange sensations and numbness for quite some time. My GP had mentioned a few times about me undergoing a nerve conduction study however she keeps on seemingly delaying it saying 'shall we see where we are in a few weeks time'? I don't understand why she would keep brushing it off🤔 Has anyone here had a nerve conduction study?

Many thanks 🥰

I don't have experience with this but I actually think it's a good idea to wait on this because if your tingling and numbness is related to being tolerant to the Valium or stopping it then it should resolve on it's own when you recover.  Professor Ashton has this to say about these sensations. The Ashton Manual

Bodily sensations. All sorts of strange tinglings, pins and needles, patches of numbness, feelings of electric shocks, sensations of hot and cold, itching, and deep burning pain are not uncommon during benzodiazepine withdrawal. It is difficult to give an exact explanation for these sensations but, like motor nerves, the sensory nerves, along with their connections in the spinal cord and brain, become hyperexcitable during withdrawal. It is possible that sensory receptors in skin and muscle, and in the tissue sheaths around bones, may fire off impulses chaotically in response to stimuli that do not normally affect them.

In my clinic, nerve conduction studies in patients with such symptoms revealed nothing abnormal - for example, there was no evidence of peripheral neuritis. However, the symptoms were sometimes enough to puzzle neurologists. Three patients with a combination of numbness, muscle spasms and double vision were diagnosed as having multiple sclerosis. This diagnosis, and all the symptoms, disappeared soon after the patients stopped their benzodiazepines.

Thus these sensory symptoms, though disconcerting, are usually nothing to worry about. Very occasionally, they may persist (see section on protracted symptoms). Meanwhile, the same measures suggested under muscle symptoms (above) can do much to alleviate them, and they usually disappear after withdrawal.