Healed after brain injury from 30 year use kpin

[am...]

Finally writing my success story. I have clinical depression and it was very hard for me to tell that kpin was making me sick from tolerance withdrawal the last 15 years or so of use. Depression causes mental and physical issues that are close to the same symptoms of withdrawal. I finally made the connection when I found this site about 9 years ago. I tapered for 9 months and was off for 7 months and had to reinstate because I was so sick. I probably would have been ok if I wouldn't have stopped my AD at the same time. went back on for about 5 months and tapered again for 2 years, which in retrospect was about a year too long, as I was still sick as hell when I finished the taper.

That was 5 years ago now and I am 99% healed and expect full recovery in the next year. Have minor headaches about once a month or so that I can tell are from the injury. Also have weak wave every month or so for a day or 2. I lost 2 very good jobs throughout the nightmare, but I continued to fight and work. I always reassured myself that I was going to heal and to forge ahead on the worst of days. Had almost every possible symptom.

Many people state that you have to have a special diet and no alcohol, no AD, etc., etc. to heal. Your brain is going to heal regardless of what you eat or drink. I have been on Pristiq throughout the second taper and the last 5 years. I also consumed beer throughout my recovery. I believe that exercise helped me the most throughout my ordeal. It is the best drug for your mental state when you are wound up from a lack of gaba. Stay positive and you too will heal and be back to enjoying all that life has to offer. This is a hell of a journey, but you will feel invincible when you are done. Good luck   

Thank you for coming back to write your success story, I'm happy to see you're feeling so well and appreciate that you mentioned what worked for you.  Too many feel that other medications are harmful for recovery but there is no evidence of this so thank you for speaking about it.

Congratulations on holding on and getting to the other side!! Your story will bring hope to many,  me included. Hope your year is filled with even more healing.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much, ama!

I am 17 months Benzo-free, and have been going through a bit of a rough patch, but your post reminds me that healing is inevitable.

Congratulations!

Congratulations to you on a hard fought win. Thank you so much for coming back to tell us about it as it is encouraging to hear.  Enjoy your healthy life!

Thank so much for sharing..always good to see a new success post on here - super encouraging! May you continue to be well and heal further!