Friend I saw tested positive, I saw him the day before. Any reassurances?

[Hu...]

• 3 weeks later...

I had covid at Christmas, and I am still suffering with 'waves'.

I didn't get ill and it didn't put me into a wave, if anything I had more energy than normal.

I also worked with a lady the day before she tested positive last summer and didn't catch it.

Hope this calms your nerves a little, I know the worry of it all made me have severe panic attacks on multiple occasions. When comparing covid to benzo withdrawal (and this is not meant to be offensive to anyone here that has had severe illness) I always tell people, you have never felt illness like Benzo withdrawals... It controls your life. I am 8 months off Diazepam and still have my rough days that land me in bed unable to do anything. Covid was a walk in the park compared to this.  :-\

AJ

I got it but recovered quickly. Out of the 10 days I was quarantined, I only felt bad 4 of those days. My fever never got above 100. I was fully vaxxed and boosted and I think that aided in my rapid recovery,  but that is just my personal opinion.

[be...]
I got no shots. I got the Omnikron last week, and I was pretty bad for around 4 days. Funny it feels like 40% a z-drug withdrawal. It wrecked my sleep, but I have a truck load of Cannabis and Supplements. I would have slept nothing if it weren't for those, but I'd dose up, wake up 4hr later, dose up again, and I was able to force 6hr of sleep in those days. I think that made a huge difference in my recovery. I am sitting here today 90% back to normal, and I was able to sleep 7hr last night with only one dose before bedtime. I have no doubt in another 3-4 days I will be back to normal.

I just came back to say for anyone else worried - I’ve been exposed by a daycare child and now my husband has had it for 6 days and I still have no symptoms. I am not vaccinated

I got no shots. I got the Omnikron last week, and I was pretty bad for around 4 days. Funny it feels like 40% a z-drug withdrawal. It wrecked my sleep, but I have a truck load of Cannabis and Supplements. I would have slept nothing if it weren't for those, but I'd dose up, wake up 4hr later, dose up again, and I was able to force 6hr of sleep in those days. I think that made a huge difference in my recovery. I am sitting here today 90% back to normal, and I was able to sleep 7hr last night with only one dose before bedtime. I have no doubt in another 3-4 days I will be back to normal.

How are you now?