Valium change

[Ch...]

When doing the crossover, do you need to to the Clonopam portions or can you just crost over to valuium.  I'm feeling very sick and having a hard time eating. 

You need to cross over gradually, substituting valium for klonopin. Dr. Ashton's Schedule 5 provides you with a crossover plan. (I followed her schedule for c/o from Ativan to valium and it worked out well). Here's the link. Take a look at it. Look for Schedule 5.

https://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/bzsched.htm

I don't think anyone wold advocate an immediate substitution of valium for klonopin. It's too hard on your body.

You'll have to do some math and plug your own numbers into the schedule but you can see how it would work.

Katz

Example

AT START

8 AM - 0.25mg K

2 PM - 0.25mg K

BED - 0.25mg K

BEGIN CROSSOVER

7 Days

8 AM - 5mg V

2 PM - 0.25mg K

BED - 0.25mg K

Hold 1 week

7 Days

8 AM - 5mg V

2 PM - 5mg V

BED - 0.25mg K

Hold 1 week

7 Days

8 AM - 5mg V

2 PM - 5mg V

BED - 5mg V

• 4 weeks later...
I agree with what oregonkatz said. Better to do a soft crossover (slowly substitute V for K) than a hard one (stop K, start V). I had no choice tho when a rehab ctr CT'd me in 06. As soon as I was discharged, I got put on V. I did not ask for anymore klonopin.

• 2 weeks later...

Why didn’t it work for you did you give it enough time to build up?

No, I had horrible depression that I thought was only benzo tolerance. So the sub did nothinng to alleviate it