Author Topic: Valium change  (Read 468 times)

[Buddie]

Valium change
« on: January 02, 2022, 05:50:30 pm »
When doing the crossover, do you need to to the Clonopam portions or can you just crost over to valuium.  I'm feeling very sick and having a hard time eating. 
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Valium change
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2022, 06:14:55 pm »
You need to cross over gradually, substituting valium for klonopin. Dr. Ashton's Schedule 5 provides you with a crossover plan. (I followed her schedule for c/o from Ativan to valium and it worked out well). Here's the link. Take a look at it. Look for Schedule 5.

https://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/bzsched.htm

I don't think anyone wold advocate an immediate substitution of valium for klonopin. It's too hard on your body.

You'll have to do some math and plug your own numbers into the schedule but you can see how it would work.

[...]

Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2022, 12:10:20 am »
Example

AT START

8 AM - 0.25mg K
2 PM - 0.25mg K
BED - 0.25mg K

BEGIN CROSSOVER

7 Days
8 AM - 5mg V
2 PM - 0.25mg K
BED - 0.25mg K

Hold 1 week

7 Days
8 AM - 5mg V
2 PM - 5mg V
BED - 0.25mg K

Hold 1 week

7 Days
8 AM - 5mg V
2 PM - 5mg V
BED - 5mg V

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2022, 12:19:59 am »
Have you started your crossover yet to Valium?

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2022, 12:58:39 am »
Didn't work for me

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2022, 12:59:57 am »
Why didnít it work for you did you give it enough time to build up?

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2022, 02:01:44 am »
I agree with what [...] said. Better to do a soft crossover (slowly substitute V for K) than a hard one (stop K, start V). I had no choice tho when a rehab ctr CT'd me in 06. As soon as I was discharged, I got put on V. I did not ask for anymore klonopin.

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2022, 02:11:21 am »
Antibenzo,

Did you feel better as you reduced?

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2022, 11:59:42 pm »
Why didnít it work for you did you give it enough time to build up?

No, I had horrible depression that I thought was only benzo tolerance. So the sub did nothinng to alleviate it