Anxiety symptoms

[Me...]

Hi all, I had severe panic/anxiety that started in March 2021. The panic and anxiety/insomnia  lasted all day for a week. Within that week I felt like the severe panic anxiety went straight to my head and made me feel like a different person. I felt like it scrambled and locked up my brain almost instantly. I only used small doses of Xanax for sleep sporadically before this. I also had Covid a week and a half before with mild flu symptoms. Since March I have been on klonopin, Valium, Paxil, lexapro, cymbalta, Wellbutrin and Aplenzin. Today my symptoms are: vision problems and by this I mean if I’m in the supermarket and looking at items on a shelf it’s hard for me to register specific items with really focusing. I also have to focus when writing text because sometimes my eyes don’t follow what I’m typing. I also get like an aggravated burning sensation in my head and behind my eyes when I try to do things like paying bills and reading my mail. It’s hard to read text as well I just see a bunch of words on a page and have to focus on reading each sentence. I get head pressure like a tight band on the sides of my head just above my sideburns. I get pain on the top of my scalp. I can barely sleep and when I do i have dreams and wake up after a dream is over and feel like an extreme hangover with head pain. I also can’t get myself going until about 2pm because I’m usually struggling to sleep. I sleep at 2am at the earliest if I sleep. I was just wondering if anyone else has the eye focus issues and the trouble concentrating on text with the burning irritation feeling behind the eyes and head when trying to do tasks and concentrate. It’s been almost 11 months and I’m worried that these symptoms are permanent. Thanks for any replies I’m really struggling.

Hi Messier94

I can hear you are really struggling with a lot of symptoms. As awful as they are most of your symptoms sound normal to me.

I also struggle a lot with sleeping and I'm awake all hours of the night. I also describe one of my symptoms as a "hangover" even though I've never had one  ;D .

I've read in the Ashton Manual about vision issues and it says this:

the muscles, especially the small muscles of the eye, are not well co-ordinated, which may lead to blurred or double vision or even eyelid spasms (blepharospasm).

None of these symptoms is harmful, and they need not be a cause of worry once they are understood

You are healing, this is not permanent. We just have to push through and take it day by day.

I hope you feel better soon!