9 months benzo free

[tr...]

Hello everyone!

Today marks 9 months since I've been benzo free (10 since I started tapering). I have to take myself back to the first few months to see the healing because day to day it feels non-existing. I currently can function normally and I enjoy taking walks and exercising. The only symptoms left I have are jelly legs and nerve sensitivity, especially on my head and toes and my emotional stability is out of whack.

Since I'm a student and I have to spend a lot of time on my desk, it's a complete pain to feel like my legs are water and I have some sort of electric current going through them.

I hope next year brings me the complete healing I'm wishing for. I would really appreciate to make new friends and chat with some of you because no one in my life actually gets what I'm going through😞.

Hi Trendy, You are doing great!!!  You were such a short term user so your healing is well on its way to being total 100%.  You might want to post on the 9-12 month thread under Post Withdrawal Recovery Support.  Several buddies are at the same stage as you.  I know what you mean about the day to day healing seeming non-existent.  Same for me.  Keep going towards that light at the end of the tunnel.  We're all cheering you on.

I am right behind you. I recently took a bit of a hit in the depression department but have to remember (as you mentioned) how it was in the beginning and how far I have come. Even through the period of time the past few weeks of low mood (putting it mildly), I was able to resume operating a farmer's market pop up booth I have done for almost 8 years. I was able to drive both ways and interact with customers.

One thing I have done to help me with expectations is to look towards the 18 month mark as my goal for total healing. Meanwhile, it sounds like you are trending upwards :) We will all heal. It's just a bumpy ride sometimes!