Trying to get off 4mg/day of Klonopin - starting with .125mg drops - need help

[Dr...]

Dropped another .125mg in the morning on Friday 2/4. So now I have dropped .25mg total from my 4mg/day.

So far doing pretty good, though I have lingering fatigue from when I had COVID a few weeks back. NO significant uptick in

symptoms.

So at 3.75mg/day. planning on dropping another .125 on 2/18.

Sounds like it's going well.  :thumbsup:

I've had a rough time with Covid too and don't know how long the symptoms will be lingering. We'll keep on fighting!

So far so good as far as Klonopin.  Currently at 1.875mg/1.875mg morning/evening.

As far as COVID, I STILL have long-standing fatigue/aches, pretty bad actually.

I hope you are doing well.

So far so good as far as Klonopin.  Currently at 1.875mg/1.875mg morning/evening.

As far as COVID, I STILL have long-standing fatigue/aches, pretty bad actually.

I hope you are doing well.

Glad you're taper is progressing. Oh yeah, Covid - the gift that keeps on giving. I'm still fighting it off. It definitely has not been easy. Right there with you!

It is tough - especially weighing the symptoms of post COVID and reducing these drugs - some symptoms could be overlapping. Get better, I heard a booster shot a couple weeks after your infectious symptoms go away may help. Also read about antihistamines helping.

I need to get better as I am on short term disability due to it and have been off from work since the beginning of this year. So that is nerve wracking in itself!

I have also just dropped down another .125mg a day.

I am now at 1.625mg morning/1.5mg night - so now at 3.625mg/day, getting close to my initial benchmark of 3.5mg. So glad to be reducing this!

Wow, you've continued to reduce even as you're dealing with Covid symptoms, I've heard so many of those mimic withdrawal so I'm not surprised you suspect overlap.

How much longer can you stay on disability?

It helps when we have these smaller milestones as it feels like we're making progress and the journey doesn't feel so overwhelming.

I hope you fully recover from the Covid soon. I know how stressful the work situation can be.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks - long COVID has been tough!

Dropped my morning dose down to 1.75mg.

So now at a landmark of 1.75/1.75 - 3.5mg/day.

Down from 4mg a few weeks ago!

Excellent progress Drakar46, I hope you're not pushing yourself too much, are you functional, able to take care of daily tasks?

Thanks for checking in.

I'm also in the long-covid-club. You've made some good progress which is really difficult considering the recovery from Covid.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Pamster - appreciate it - I am able to function, but only as much as doing light stuff around the house at most. Sometimes I can do small chores like run to the store, pick my son up - but in general it has kept me from doing much more.

Sorry to hear you have long-COVID as well Jelly - it is a true nightmare. So many symptoms, my doctor has referred me to a local pulmonology group that is checking on these cases and in some instances are involved in clinical studies.

Will be dropping my Klonopin this Friday down to 3.375mg a day, by cutting the nighttime dose down by .125mg. Hoping to get down to 3mg/day in the next few weeks - BIG benchmark for me!

It sounds like you're functional lite but still managing, I hope you'll let us know how the next reduction goes.  Doing what you're doing while recovering from Covid is remarkable, are you dealing with neurologic symptoms from Covid or are they more on the physical side?

I am able to function, but only as much as doing light stuff around the house at most. Sometimes I can do small chores like run to the store, pick my son up - but in general it has kept me from doing much more.

I'm pretty much the same. I can do very little and if I've done something I need to rest for an extended time to recover.

It's good you're making progress with your taper. Any progress in all this craziness is encouraging.

• 3 weeks later...

Responding to both Pamster and Jelly:

Yeah function lite is a good way to describe it. My symptoms are all over the board - a few could be anxiety, but speaking to my psychiatrist, a lot are definitely not.

Between fatigue moderate to severe, headaches, random body aches, low grade fever off and on, brain fog, heart racing/palpitations, inability to take a full deep breath and so forth it is bad. All kinds of tests done - nothing solid - have a CAT scan of lungs today to rule out pulmonary embolisms just in case. Bills are piling up.

Dropped dosage Friday April 1st by .125, so now down to a total of 3.25mg/day! Goal is to get to 3mg short term, hold for a little while, and then continue - once it hits around 2mg. may have to switch to Valium to take it to 0.

Jelly - it really is a nightmare, I really hope you start feeling better soon - it is a crazy world! COVID has not been around long enough for Long COVID studies to detail too much.

I hope your CAT scan ruled out anything concerning, I'm still amazed you can taper while feeling so ill.

Drakar, this Covid roller coaster is really tough. Not in my wildest dreams did I think I would end up here. Almost three months later and I haven't had one day where I felt "almost normal" - like my tapering baseline pre-Covid. I'm getting to a point where I'm accepting this is the "new normal". It makes tapering really difficult as you probably know, because you never know if symptoms are Covid or benzo's. So I'm just taking things really slow now not to upset my system.

I've only gone for bloods, which came back normal. My doctor in desperation offered me an MRI (just because she doesn't know what to do with long Covid) but we both know it will show nothing, so not doing it. With these tests you don't want something wrong but on the other hand you do because it means there can be treatment - if it's Covid, there's no treatment.  :-\

It sounds like you're being slammed with symptoms. And from my understanding, the American health system is not the best when it comes to financial support. I hope we both have a miracle soon!